object spam

Tina Landau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I get spammed by one of my objects i tried restarting it muting it and taking it down and I still get spammed its driving me crazy. How do i make it stop ?

I tried ctrl+alt +t and area search and show beacon there is nothing there but i still get spammed. I also tried bright finder it found nothing. It only spams me and only in my sim.

I just tried firestorm phoenix spam filter but same thing it still spams me endlessly.

This is what i get : [2017/04/22 17:40]  :: {JLD BDSM PILLORY1}' <0,-2.126,0.773> <0,0,0>
[2017/04/22 17:40]  :: {JLD BDSM PILLORY1}' position saved successfully
[2017/04/22 17:40]  :: {JLD BDSM PILLORY1}' <0,-2.126,0.773> <0,0,0>
[2017/04/22 17:40]  :: {JLD BDSM PILLORY1}' position saved successfully
[2017/04/22 17:40]  :: {JLD BDSM PILLORY1}' <0,-2.126,0.773> <0,0,0>

Edited by Tina Landau

17 answers to this question

If it's still spamming (text or audio) then you didn't really "take it down."  It's still there in world, somewhere.  Maybe you just got a part of it, and the part with the script in it is transparent.  Use Pathfinding/Linksets or Firestorm's Area Search to look for it...and use CTRL+ALT+T to see transparent objects, and Show Beacons to flag scripted or sound-emitting objects.

• Like 1

Probably not.  Many things will not show up with area search, and many objects are too small (or too thin) to be easy to spot, even if you highlight transparency. If the object is texture with a full transparent texture and is using Alpha Mode Masking, it won't show up with CTRL+Alt+T, even if it is elephant-sized.  I assume that you know almost exactly where the object was rezzed, so you don't need to search the entire region. A beacon set to look for scripted items ought to work, but you will need to look very carefully and from several different angles.

• Like 1

the message gives me a postion but i have looked there with beacons and all and i dont see anything at all, the message says jld pillory so i  went to that position an search for objects by the creator and for the name but there is nothing also bright finder does not find any objects by that name

[11:17] :: {JLD BDSM PILLORY1}' <0,-2.126,0.773> <0,0,0>
[11:17] :: {JLD BDSM PILLORY1}' position saved successfully

this is what i get looks like two positions i have checked both

6 hours ago, Tina Landau said:

the message gives me a postion but i have looked there with beacons and all and i dont see anything at all, the message says jld pillory so i  went to that position an search for objects by the creator and for the name but there is nothing also bright finder does not find any objects by that name

Those positions look like the positions of poseballs relative to their rest position...not the sim coordinates of the pillory object.

I can't find any objecst on your region named JLD BDSM PILLORY1.

There are however public chat relay objects scattered about on the region called HC.Extended Public Chat and one of them is at the exact location you gave above at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sunway Laguna/0/126/773  so I suspect it's chat coming from the relays you are getting spammed with.

Go to Comm -> Block List -> + -> Block Object by name -> HC.Extended Public Chat
Does that stop the spam?

• Like 1

I did rezz that chat extender and I did see it at that position. I now tried muting it and also taking it down but the spam continues. I was so hoping that was it. I don't understand what's going on at all. I don't have any object rezzed by that name now. 

Have you restarted the region since the problem started?

If no-one else has any luck locating the spamming objects, I think the best thing to do is to file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

If they can't easily find the source, a Linden will be able to hijack your avatar so they can reproduce the problem & find the source of the spam.

• Like 1

I visited your region at the coordinates you gave.  The invisible chat extender wasn't there, but I got its chat messages, so I teleported to the location it was reporting at that time.  Found it!  After a few minutes, it moved itself to a new location and sent out a new message.

You may have more than one of these, or possibly you have a parent object that is rezzing them periodically.  The behavior seems to be similar to, although less extreme than, the ExDepart griefing object.  See this link for more about that: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/exdepart

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.