Need help with male shape

Catrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a friend that wants me to help him with his avatar.  I'm good with the fashion part, but he wants " a chubby body" ( his words).  I've tried looking on the Marketplace, but the few I'm finding just aren't that great.  Are there any really good bigger mens avatars out there?  I feel like I'm missing something.  

7 hours ago, Catrie said:

he's trying to find a chubby mesh body.  we've tried doing the appearance thing, with the ones that came with the game and it's just not what he's looking for.  

There really aren't any good options that I know of. There's Jonathan, who's morbidly obese, and then standard mesh bodies which generally expect the wearer to want to look buff, meaning that an attempt to look plump will make you look like a challah bread from the molded-in six-pack, even if you ignore the drawn-on musclebuilder look of almost all male skins.

If you're just looking for a rather realistically soft looking male you might try using a Maitreya female body with the V-tech "boi" chest mod and a "male" standard shape. That will allow him to use Maitreya women's jeans that are unisex-looking and V-tech shirts, etc. I literally just thought of it and am experimenting with it as we speak - it's cool. Everything still rigs properly with the male shape. That will make him a true SL gender warrior, though, and his options won't be too great. Maybe he could start a trend though...

ETA - the neck will be a problem with high body fat. You can look at the same combination with a female body shape too. There's a limit to how male you can look with that, but I've certainly met guys that look that way.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 1

Shape editor should work for your friend but if it's not enough you can go for a walk to a place called Glutton's buffet at Maamagili Island. I've seen a few people with really big and fat avis in that place. So your friend could contact them and ask them for some advices. I hope it helps.

Regards :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.