"parcel too full" (except it isn't)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So ... what's the deal with the "You can't rez this object because the parcel is too full" message?  

I live in an older mainland sim (Sage), and I have a store on a separate parcel in the same sim.  I have hundreds and hundreds of prim available but I cannot rez my store (only 2 prims!).  I had inadvertently let the build unlocked the last time I edited it, and I log in today and it's gone.  So I try to rez it and it says the stupid message above.  

Does anyone have any idea WTF is going on with this spurious error message?  I seem to get this sometimes, but other times not.  The store involves one large sphere and a twisted prim, but sometimes I can rez it and sometimes not (this happened while I was building it too).  Now I have a store which is just a bunch of vendor hanging in mid air and no one can actually shop there.  

Presumably at some time in the future it will magically be possible for me to rez the store again, but what's the deal?  What is the actual variable that's making the system tell me there aren't enough prims, when there are in fact hundreds?  Meantime I lose any customers that might visit, possibly forever. 

Edited by Sylvia Wasp

last week I attempted to rez a pet water bowl, that was 2 sculpts and some sliced cylinders for the name on the side, maybe 12 prims total, on a 1/4 sim parcel with 2k LI left.

Then I tried changing the bowl sculpty and Water prim from systyem shine to specular based materials shine un edit, "auto return parcel full". Checking in a sandbox showed that ther 12 prim item shot to a land impact of over 2k when the sculpt was specular shined. Hand editing each prim to set as many as possible from convex hull to none or prim, dropped the LI to 50, but i decided I didnt want to waste 50 LI on a pet bowl

Have you edited the store recently, changed materials, or linked/unlinked any parts, anything that might toggle this sort of massive LI hike, I remember  a short while back Whirly Fizzle posted in reply to a thread about this sort of behaviour.

• Like 3

I recently made a pretty simple mesh wall with a doorway in it recently. When I changed it from convex hull to  prim, it was 18,000 LI!  Significantly more than the sim holds. The sim started randomly returning things before I realized what I had done and stopped it. 

If your store somehow got changed to some other physics type and is now huge LI, it is good the sim will not allow it to rez. Take it to a sandbox and see if you can fix it first.

Edited by Pamela Galli

hi Klytyna,

nothing too unusual actually.  no specular at all.  it's just a 24m transparent sphere with a twisted tube prim for a floor inside it.  

I was editing it recently, but I was just trying out some spherical textures on the inside surface to try to block out the ugly builds on either side.  I keep the build locked (because this has happened before), and I guess I left it unlocked because when I looked this morning it was gone and all the vendors were hanging in mid air. 

the weird thing is that I just rebuilt it from scratch by rezing it in a sandbox and writing down the measurements and then recreating them on site.  no problem.  

I have auto-return on for the store obvs but it's just so frustrating, and it happens fairly frequently on my home parcel as well.  at first I thought it had something to do with large prims because I remember when the limit was 10m for a sphere, but it seems almost completely random.  

oh well, I guess only the Lindens know the answer and they aren't telling of course, lol

*shakes fist at the sky*

3 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

If your store somehow got changed to some other physics type and is now huge LI, it is good the sim will not allow it to rez. Take it to a sandbox and see if you can fix it first.

thanks for the reply, but no.  not even mesh.  simple prims, one twisted and one regular sphere. rezzes anywhere else perfectly fine.  

anyway, rebuilt it from scratch already, but I would still like to know what the answer is if anyone has it. 

Edited by Sylvia Wasp

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

A twisted prim is not "simple".  That one element is enough to drive the L.I. through the roof if it's converted to Convex Hull -- as it will be as soon as you apply materials. 

See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/FAQ#Land_impact

thanks Rolig, this particular one is not that high a LI though, it's basically a squashed tube with no textures and no specular etc.  I'm pretty sure this is just a bug and I just re-built from scratch anyway.  Thanks everyone for responding.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.