Scripts stop working

Red2Blaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Lately my HUD scripts seem to die out one after the other, i do not know if its also the other scripts, but i all ready lost a AO, and 2 Mesh Body HUDs (so i have no belly now in my martriya one :( )

I try any fix i was able to come up with, like detaching, and reattaching, restarting the scripts (using Firestorm viewer) dose not seem to help, they are just not responding, or if they are i cant seem to see it or use it, its a real pain and i do not know what to do, slowly it seem to effect more and more, and i do not know what is making it happen or how to fix it

Fixes i try so far:

Clearing Cash

Restarting Scripts

Reattaching

Wearing the same HUD but a deffrent copy (worked once, but seem like it only some times work)

Any help with be a belly saver

Thanks

Same problem. After Firestorm crash (on stupid TP by stupid guardian orb to my home region which was on restart at the moment, if that matters), all HUDs and scripted items I weared are dead. Moreover, same HUDs and items from rezzers didn't work! For instance, NEW Maitreya HUD didn't manage NEW body at all, it was like I clicked through it. After some manipulations like multiple restarts, cashe cleaning, refreshing and clicking everything in both Firestorm and default viewer, something changed, and newly rezzed items and HUDs started work. It was like... they were banned in some way. You know, if you click on HUD or item with broken or deleted scripts, you still click on it, even if nothing happens, your mouse cursor still changes to a 'hand with finger', and you don't click through (and move there beyond the HUD). It was a very strange thing, and double strange was issue with rezzed replacements, which eventually solved, yet I don't know how. 

7 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

The JIRA says the bug was resolved in February 2017. So, I would think the fix would have made it into the various viewers. Is it still a problem? If so, shouldn't the BUG-41379 report be open? Or reopened?

The Linden JIRA doesn't work that way, a "resolved" issue in BUG isn't fixed at all.
The bug report was imported on 13th Feb, ie cloned over to LL's internal JIRA.
That JIRA issue is "resolved" as far as that report goes because there's nothing left to do with that JIRA issue.  Lindens work off their internal JIRA issues.

That bug will need a serverside fix, not a viewer fix.

• Thanks 1

On 24.12.2017 at 2:43 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Ah, I see... I guess, I had this bug twice this year.

So, scripts inside items and HUDs were actually alive, but blocked by ruined inventory file, and the solution is to get the new file, right?

At least the scripts are not "really" broken - just set to "not running". The biggest case where this could be painful for an experienced user, is if they have some scripted attachments in which only "some" of the scripts are SUPPOSED to be running (those scripts start other scripts, etc.).  In this case, the user won't know which script to start and may start all scripts (adding to lag, maybe causing scripts to malfunction, etc.).

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

At least the scripts are not "really" broken - just set to "not running".

If an affected script is no mod, it's really, REALLY broken. There is no way for a normal user, without God powers, to set a no mod script back to a running state.
If the broken item is copyable, hopefully the seller has a redelivery terminal.
If it's no copy, you may get lucky if you bought it from the original creator (not a gacha reseller) & if you pass them the broken copy they may be kind enough to repplace it.

49 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

If an affected script is no mod, it's really, REALLY broken. There is no way for a normal user, without God powers, to set a no mod script back to a running state.

Wow..this is not what I remembered at all! Guess I use my own scripts mostly.

*Edit* I did a web search, and this is the SECOND time I posted that I did not know this. Sheesh! Someday I will learn to remember stuffs.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.