Library Folder

Leanna Maven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

Not yet in the main official 2.6.1 viewer available from the download page but you can disable the Library in Kirstens viewer under the Advanced Menu so possibly this option may be in one of the official beta viewers as Kirstens is some way ahead of the main LL viewer.

The Library is merely a resource and not contributing to your actual Inventory count but yes, I prefer not to have it showing at all as I never use it, so I always have it disabled in Kirstens.

Yes it is possible to hide the library in the Viewer 2.6.
There is the traditional way (automatic) and third in viewers, but it's pretty simple.

To be able to disable the library you have to install new skins to Second Life.

Wiki has a pack of them. Access the link below and install the skin as the version of your viewer.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_Skins/Starlight

Version 2.6.3 of starlight is for the current version of SL 2 (2.6.1.225680)

To install the skins is easy. Just go download it. Unzip the file, copy the folder to the folder where SKIN was installed Second Life (replacing the original SKIN folder). And copy the files from the app_setting and paste the folder AppSetting of secondlife.

Choose a skin that suits you. I tested with the Original Teal (
One or other maybe not have the function)

In Original Teal

Press CTRL P (or ME Preference)

On file, move it and see.
Select the Display menu.

At the bottom of the page will have: Do not show the library in inventory.

Sorry for bad English.

• Like 1

You need to relog for the setting to take effect. If it is not working, then check it again. Be adviced that turning the library off will affect your inventory count, so if the item number for your inventory seems low after hiding the library, it is not because SL ate your things. :)

- Luc -

Hi Zigomar!  Thanks for providing new information for this nine year old thread.

30304_necropost.jpg

However, as long as we have resurrected the dead, let us be completely correct.  You are right that this debug setting cannot be used in the current Firestorm viewer.  However, turning off the Library DOES work in the official Second Life viewer, which is what the Second Life Wiki is all about.

I suspect Firestorm did this as a safety measure.  Disabling the Library section of your inventory means you cannot make use of the starter avatars, or the Character Test avatars if you need to troubleshoot a rezzing issue.  Having an extra 6,000 or so items in your inventory is a very small price to pay to avoid disabling this functionality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 5:09 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I suspect Firestorm did this as a safety measure.  Disabling the Library section of your inventory means you cannot make use of the starter avatars, or the Character Test avatars if you need to troubleshoot a rezzing issue.  Having an extra 6,000 or so items in your inventory is a very small price to pay to avoid disabling this functionality.

Firestorm disabled being able to hide the Library because one of the Library rock objects is used to create the FS Bridge.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.