Can't buy L$, I just made my account, is there a period of time I won't be able to buy?

AriettaMorgreim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Well, my title explains it all. I jsut made my account, I linked a paypal to it. Is the newborn state of my account the reason I can't purchase Linden? 

I had to make it because I can't dig up the email I used for my account like.... 2, 3 to 4 years ago or so... And I can't remember anything other than one Nickname I had Before... But.. thats just it. A nickname, not my username. I had a bunch of stuff though... blah... 

3 answers to this question

You should be able to buy a limited amount of L$, if you have set up your payment method properly:Read here to see the most common reasons for problems with payment  method >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.7 .  Note also that you cannot use a prepaid credit card or a debit card as the backup source of funds for a PayPal account that you plan to use in SL. Your PayPal account must be verified by a regular credit card or a bank account.

• Like 1

re:  account recovery.

Besides Alwin's suggestion, there are two other places to look to try to recover your forgotten account.

1. Your web browser may have a copy of your old password stored in it.  It varies from browser to browser, but in Chrome (for example) they are in Settings/Advanced Settings/Passwords and Forms.
  2. There should be a folder of settings with your avatar name on it in your viewer.  Look in Computer\C:\Users\(your Windows username)\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife.  AppData is a "hidden" folder so you'll have to set your system to show these first.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.