I contacted the support because i had a problem...

LynValentine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had (or have) a problem with one of the creators (didn't receive what i bought) and asked the support for help.

The answer from the support had NOTHING, absolutely nothing to do with my request. They asked me what the asnwer is to my security question, my date of birth etc and meant that they need this information to check into my account.

Since when does a admin or the staff need anything of this to have a look into my account? I contacted the support two times in the past and in both cases the staff had no problem at all to log into my account even without a password or any other information (in fact i checked the url twice when i read these strange questions, because that sounds like someone is trying to trick me into something to steal my account....and i always have the number 1 rule in my head: the staff will NEVER ask you for such information, because they have these informations already)

I agree that sounds odd - what they should've told you is that unless the problem was with the Marketplace delivery system, there's no way to chase undelivered items.

How did you contact support? Did you create a ticket at support.secondlife.com? LiveChat?

If you emailed or telephoned then I'm not surprised they needed verification, but via support tickets, I'm not sure I can understand why they'd need confirmation of your account. Perhaps it's a new anti-fraud technique.

Remember though that most of the CSRs are just reading from a script - if that's what they need to ask, that's probably what you need to answer.

Maybe it's more normal to ask those things now than it was previously - it could reduce social engineering attacks on accounts.

Maybe someone who's dealt with support tickets recently has experienced the same thing. :)

Sounds like you did the right thing to be cautious, but still to give the answers they wanted.

LynValentine wrote:

I had (or have) a problem with one of the creators (didn't receive what i bought) and asked the support for help.

Inworld purchase or Marketplace?

Just a non delivery or the wrong item?

If it's Marketplace and a non delivery then you didn't have a problem with a creator but with Linden Lab, they are responsible for operating the Marketplace delivery process.

If it was an inworld purchase then Support have no part in this as it's a resident to resident transaction and LL are not involved.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Maybe it's more normal to ask those things now than it was previously - it
could
reduce social engineering attacks on accounts.

Maybe it's a commerce thing?

I haven't and that's been about 5 tickets regading my regions and various other land related issues (pro tip: never abandon a mainland parcel by camera, lol) over the last few months.

Maybe it depends on the particular Linden/Team involved. The land team are normally an absolute pleasure to deal with and don't seem to put up barriers.

Callum Meriman wrote:

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Maybe it's more normal to ask those things now than it was previously - it
could
reduce social engineering attacks on accounts.

Maybe it's a commerce thing?

Could easily be - throw up a couple extra barriers, shift off the workload from everyone wondering where their products are as 'too much hassle'.

In fairness though I wouldn't be too surprised if CSRs working in common routes of exploitation have had their scripts adjusted to try and prevent things like accepting a change of payment information, change of recovery email address etc without verification. But I don't see the need to do it just to redeliver an order - though perhaps to discuss specific order status.

At any rate, I'm just guessing at this point. Important thing is that the support case got moved forwards.

The problem was that i bought something and inside the package which i received was only a picture of the thing which i paid for, not the thing itself, just like the creator forgot to add something besides the advertising picture. Of course i tried to contact the creator then with a IM and a Notecard, but the creator didn't show any reaction and at that point i thought i should ask the support team if they can help me (the worst case would be that they say "we are sorry, but we can't help you with that" and then i would have the same what i have now xD)

How could that be? I can't unpack a picture.

The support just sent me the package again and again i received only the picture.

Is there nothing i can do about this? That what i bought were some Boots and instead of the Boots i receive only the picture of them (the same picture which is used in the MP). The Creator simply ignores IM's and Notecards. I can see that the Creator listed these Boots twice in the MP, probably because she realized that she made a error in the first listing, but instead of removing the wrong listing she added a correct one (i assume). Should i flag the wrong product? And which reason should i use for such a case?

You cannot unpack a TEXTURE but if the texture is applied to an object, then it's an object that can contain items.

This is not uncommon because if the seller creates a flat prim and slaps the product picture on the side, then puts the content on the inside, it's the same item that they would use inworld to display the item as a vendor.

Some of my stuff still comes in boxes with a picture on the side, same as MP, because it's convenient and what has to be used with an inworld vending system.

If the item is a cube icon in inventory, rez it and unbox it.

If it is genuinely a texture only then that's a different issue and no you can't do anything about it other than contact the creator.

Feel free to post a picture here of either what the item looks like in inventory, or if you can rez it, what it looks like inworld.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.