Avatar physics in the latest development build

leliel Mirihi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sigh..OK..Maybe I'm too old but I just see so many other better things they could have taken from emerald/phoenix (like vertical tabs, better radar, recombining local chat and im/group chat and all the little building improvements the builders love so much) then bouncing tata's and wiggling bums..But then again they are trying to excite the teen crowd to stay and shake the image of older folks playing at gaming.

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

Ohhhh so he meant that soft body physics was coming soon!  Whee, so now the official viewer can have features that can barely be discussed on the official forum! I am sure there will be lots of "just fix the bugs" but most of this work was already done by the time Emeraldgate happened.

Cerise wrote:

... most of this work was already done by the time Emeraldgate happened.

But this feature seems radically different from the "breast physics" in TPVs.  AFAIK, that was all local to the viewer: if you adjusted the slider, it changed how you saw the bouncing.  The new feature has such a slider in Preferences, but it introduces a whole new asset type, almost as complex as a Shape, that affects the individual avatar that "wears" it.  These Physics assets can be given away or sold, etc.

Indeed, it seems to me that Shapes that don't come with Physics are pretty much obsolete products.

(Apropos the point being discussed, I'm not particularly complaining about viewer development priorities here.  I wouldn't want them to invest too much effort on things tied exclusively to the current avatar mesh, but probably this work can apply to the much-needed replacement.  And anything that finally opens the door to introducing new asset types again is a Very Good Thing; the fragility and apparent complexity of that whole apparatus has held back the platform for years now.  I trust that "estate Windlight" settings will be assets, too, Real Soon Now.  We should clamor for more new assets--think of some, quick!--before they again forget how.)

I didn't come back here after i posted  cause i thought it was a joke..then i was over at SLU and saw a thread about it that was started on the second..so i had to read it..so now i came back to eat crow!!!

lol

this is the new viewer they have now? the advanced one?

I think it will probably work in the basic mode, you just won't be able to wear or edit your own physics shapes.

The physics code has been updated to include breast sway (left/right), and the sliders have been simplified some what. Unfortunately it also resets your physics shapes back to the defaults, but they don't call it beta software for nothing.

It's the development version of what will probably become viewer 2.7. The link to the latest version is in my first post. I don't know about the shutting down thing, but that does kind of sound like the winmm.dll problem. There are some other threads here talking about it.

ya i think i'll just wait till it comes out hehehe..

it's probably something that will be fixed before the release of it..i was just curious about it..i never left bewbie jiggles on after the first 20 minutes i tried that..i'm sure i would do the same with this  hehehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.