The Marketplace & gacha overkill

Kourtney23F

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love to shop on the Marketplace, or did. I mean I use it everyday to search out new released outfits or to search for other items.

I really am tired of gachas on the Marketplace. I scrolled through 40 pages under the refined search of

Apparel > Women's... Newest first, 96 posts per page

40 pages of gachas for Blueberry Mykonos outfits.  WOW, this is overkill. I really don't want to use MP anymore.

PLEASE Linden Labs give us filters to filter out keywords!

Kourtney23F wrote:

I love to shop on the Marketplace, or did. I mean I use it everyday to search out new released outfits or to search for other items.

I really am tired of gachas on the Marketplace. I scrolled through 40 pages under the refined search of

40 pages of gachas for Blueberry Mykonos outfits.  WOW, this is overkill. I really don't want to use MP anymore.

put "NOT gacha" in the search area..

Kourtney23F wrote:

Gacha is a blight and scourge on the Marketplace, and adds to the bloat by adding multiple listings of the same item, from multiple sellers, uses the same image to represent up to 30 different products, and on a default search spams the listings by hundreds of item listings.

Using 'NOT Gacha' is fine in the short term, add that to "NOT demo NOT promo NOT rental" and all the rest of the NOTs just to have a decent search result.

I appreciate the talent put into the Gacha products, their quality seems excellent,  but they need their own category, so that people specifically looking for them can participate in it - or make it a search option like mod/copy/transfer/gachascam to leave the rest of us out of it.

Right now I have to use "NOT Gacha NOT demo NOT promo NOT sale NOT rental" just to get a clean search result, and that is not acceptable from a user standpoint.

can you also use this "NOT" on any specific items you dot wanna see in your search? like for example, p e n i s  and v a g i n a and other toys for perverts which i find very annoying since i have to enable "adult" in my search cos alot of non sexual non pervert items are on adult section too.

tako Absent wrote:

.. i have to enable "adult" in my search cos alot of non sexual non pervert items are on adult section too.

i is shocked !

what person would ever sell non-perverted items under a category reserved for the perverteds

i am outrageous even !!

is undermine the Whole Fabric of the Universe. Is like the Invasion of the Unperverted. They are like rodents, get in anywheres. Is terribl !!! Will be the End Of Times like Total Doom pretty soon I think if this keeps up

(:

entity0x wrote:

Right now I have to use "NOT Gacha NOT demo NOT promo NOT sale NOT rental" just to get a clean search result, and that is not acceptable from a user standpoint.

Don't forget "NOT scam NOT fraud NOT ip violation NOT empty box NOT keyword spam NOT copybotted NOT old outdated garbage nobody in their right mind would spend a single linden on"...

wherorangi wrote:

tako Absent wrote:

.. i have to enable "adult" in my search cos alot of non sexual non pervert items are on adult section too.

i is shocked !

what person would ever sell non-perverted items under a category reserved for the perverteds...

It is surely false advertising. I mean, imagine the disappointment of a Perverted to find nothing Adult about their Marketplace purchase.

Although, a true Perverted would be able to find something Adult about anything.

Or so I've heard. :smileyembarrassed:

Qie Niangao wrote:

wherorangi wrote:

tako Absent wrote:

i is shocked !

what person would ever sell non-perverted items under a category reserved for the perverteds...

It is surely false advertising. I mean, imagine the disappointment of a Perverted to find nothing Adult about their Marketplace purchase.

Although, a
true
Perverted would be able to find something Adult about anything.

Or so I've heard. :smileyembarrassed:

jejejeje (:

i remember a chat ages now on the old forums. Was about who created the First Perversion in SL

and the winner by consensus was The Pervert who made the motorcyle rider anim

and nobody knows exactly who first it put in a prim that was scripted to move back and forward. Altho a few Perverteds did own up to doing that

(:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.