Can our clients/friends get help registering into Second life as they try and get denied.

HadleyConduct

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I teach fitness classes that range from 15 to 30 people at a time at my moms studio, She also hase classes with clients.  Some clients become friends that want to roleplay in some games that we do on SL.  So far today three were denied accounts.  there were seven individuals who wanted to register accounts after class however we stopped when three were denied that said your household has too many yada yada....  these people come to classes they don't live here.  Please help.

to Be clear:      it said there are too many people in your household when denied result came to them getting an avatar and their account opened.  there is my mom and i that live at home that makes two.  all these ladies logging in on our shared computer does not mean more people in our house.  The ladies logged on and were denied three ladies have never logged into second life before and it said you have too many people in your household with accounts.  They are new people who are registering.  We got 10 people interested today.

Thank you Rolig thank you Linda,  Linda's if much easier.  I would like to make another avatar and the links are helpful.  i could give that to the interested ladies and some intereted men, however it is easier if they are right in our lounge.  Rollig\s sort of makes sense however the ladies and some men all do not have the same last name nor do I would even think to ever want our friends which are our clients all starting at the same place we all would like to have a common meeting area.  Wonder if there is an API with normal log in to do the API without the same last names and same starting locations.  I don't need a website.

3 answers to this question

Alwin is correct that there is a limit to how many accounts you can register from the same IP address.  This is a security measure, to prevent griefers from creating armies of alts to terrorize SL residents.  However, your problem is a familiar one, for which Linden Lab has a solution.  Read all the instructions for the Registration API . 

This option is commonly used by colleges and universities, but can also be attractive for corporations and others who conduct group projects in world.

• Like 1

I'm glad you're getting your clients and friends interested in Second Life!

However, the problem is that they are trying to register using your computer, instead of registering at home on their own machine.  As Rolig says, LL limits the number of accounts that can be registered from a single IP address or using a single email address.  (I think the limit is 5 per "household", as LL describes it.)

Either follow Rolig's suggestion for getting a dispensation from LL to register more accounts than the usual limit, or just tell your friends about Second Life and then have them register from their own computer at home.  Here are two useful links you can put on a little card to hand them:

http://www.secondlife.com

http://acrossthegridwithlindal.blogspot.com/2014/04/getting-started-in-second-lifean-update.html

Here's a suggestion for a fun event.  Tell a number of friends about SL, and show them how to register and log in.  Then schedule a time and a place to meet up in world, say at a shopping mall or a club.  Make a flyer, and include the links above on how to register an account, a time for the event, and the location, in the form of a SLURL.  Be sure to include step by step directions on how to get there from Social Island, and how to IM you for help, if they run into problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.