How do I create a Landmark for My Store that I can share showing my store showing my store logo?

Malestorm1488303118

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi - I have rented a small store in a neighborhood in which I am selling clothing.      How do I create a landmark that I can share that has my store logo and all in it - verses the logo and info of the neighborhood that I am in?    When I edit a landmark I create, it does not allow me to change the logo or basic info.

Also, how do get my store listed in SEARCH?

Is there a guide somewhere for new store owners?

Many thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

Is you store on its own separate plot or part of a larger mall plot?

The logo & description details, as well as the ability to show in search & set a landing point are all done in About Land but if you do not have your own plot with the ability to adjust those things you will not be able to do what you are asking.

You can create a LM at your store location, so that it shows the co-ordinates of your particular shop, but it is possible that the mall has a set landing point so anyone using the LM will land there and then follow the beacon that will be lit up to get to your store.

• Like 2

If your store lies on a parcel that you control, all you need do is to go into Land and modify the text in the Name to suit you.  That text will appear on your LM.  The photo that will appear is one that you place in Land > Options > Snapshot.  Just click the Snapshot box and choose the photo from your inventory.

I would also suggest that you list your shop in your Profile under the Classifieds tab.  Be sure to choose the category and Maturity rating.  The cost of the classified is minimum 50L per week.  You can pay more for your listing to appear higher in the Classifieds listing.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Landmark graphics are determined by the parcel settings.  The only way to change a landmark graphic is to change the graphic in the parcel.  The parcel does NOT have to be shown in search for this graphic to work.

To access  parcel settings, go to the land and right click it, you should see something "About Land" etc which will give you a bunch of settings you can change including parcel graphic.

Is your store in a mall?  In this case, chances are you do not have authorization to change land settings.  You're better off finding your own parcel to rent and advertising yourself rather than relying on traffic from a mall.

Alt=:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.