Items keep getting flagged...

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know what "flagged for Item Not As Advertised Incorrect Listing Category" means, excluding the incoherent grammar? I have a shoji screen, listed under furniture, and it got flagged and removed for that. So I switched it to furniture -> living room furniture, and once again it got removed for that. I also have a small water fountain, listed under outdoor furniture, and it also got flagged and removed for that. Does anyone know what's going on here, because I can't figure out what other category would these belong in. Thanks.

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

i reckon one of your competitors is deliberately flagging your items the more similar items they flag knowing they automatically get unlisted the more sales they will get because of it i don't think your items have ben flagged for a genuine reason

Wow items can get taken off just because some random user flags it, without any Lindens approval? So that means I can just go around the marketplace flagging items I don't like? =O

I hope you're joking @@

Edit: just checked, not only did my item get unlisted it actually got removed, so I have to type all the description again and sync it. What in the world...??

Suki Hirano wrote:

i reckon one of your competitors is deliberately flagging your items the more similar items they flag knowing they automatically get unlisted the more sales they will get because of it i don't think your items have ben flagged for a genuine reason

Wow items can get taken off just because some random user flags it, without any Lindens approval? So that means I can just go around the marketplace flagging items I don't like? =O

I hope you're joking @@

Edit: just checked, not only did my item get unlisted it actually got removed, so I have to type all the description again and sync it. What in the world...??

I think you need to put the fountain here:

Category:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Suki Hirano wrote:

I hope you're joking @@

I think you need to put the fountain here:

Category:

Ah thanks didn't see that category. But honestly I think most people will see little different between outdoor furniture and home and garden... ._.';

Is "furniture" the wrong category for the shoji screen though?

Suki Hirano wrote:

Does anyone know what "flagged for Item Not As Advertised Incorrect Listing Category" means, excluding the incoherent grammar? I have a shoji screen, listed under furniture, and it got flagged and removed for that. So I switched it to furniture -> living room furniture, and once again it got removed for that. I also have a small water fountain, listed under outdoor furniture, and it also got flagged and removed for that. Does anyone know what's going on here, because I can't figure out what other category would these belong in. Thanks.

The screen looks like it should be listed like this:

General maturity level: Home and Garden » Decor » Dressing and Privacy Screens

Just to clarify, items do not get automatically delisted when flagged! It is actually quite difficult to abuse the flagging system on the Marketplace. If an item is delisted it has been looked at by someone from LL who have confimed it is in some sort of violation.

The most common cause though is listing in a top level category which you are not supposed to do.

For more info I suggest the OP read all of this thread paying particular attention to the comments from Dakota Linden giving details of what to do if your item has benn unlisted and you are unsure how to proceed :

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-flagging-system-is-being-abuse-to-remove-competition/td-p/772425

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Suki Hirano wrote:

The screen looks like it should be listed like this:

General maturity level: 
 » 
 » 

Oh wow didn't know the categories were that detailed. Thanks I'll change it then... now if I could just figure out how to remove that annoying "Removed under our Marketplace Listing Guidelines for Item Not As Advertised-Incorrect Listing Category" row in manage inventory... doesn't seem to go away even with syncs.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Oh wow didn't know the categories were that detailed. Thanks I'll change it then... now if I could just figure out how to remove that annoying "Removed under our Marketplace Listing Guidelines for Item Not As Advertised-Incorrect Listing Category" row in manage inventory... doesn't seem to go away even with syncs. 

Once you move your items into the proper category, relist them again and that message should go away. Make sure you "Refresh" after relisting them.

Ah I meant in manage inventory there is a highlighted row of my deleted item that won't go away, and I can't sync back that item either. I managed to get my item listed again by editing the item name in the magic box, and deleting the original item, otherwise refreshing won't work.

Thanks everyone for the help. =]

Suki Hirano wrote:

Ah I meant in manage inventory there is a highlighted row of my deleted item that won't go away, and I can't sync back that item either. I managed to get my item listed again by editing the item name in the magic box, and deleting the original item, otherwise refreshing won't work.

Umm .. that sounds like an orphan listing. Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like? One of us might recognize the situation and be able to provide a fix.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.