I've had the worst experience on SecondLife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Void Singer wrote:

Cabbage Acanthus wrote:

Yep, that does not sound too surprising.  [...]

it seems very suprising to me, since in the 6+ years I've been here I've been ejected from exactly 1 place (not including automated security systems)

Likewise. Despite my firebrand personality on these forums - I can only recall one ejection in world, and that was from a graphics glitch I got upset about and refused to believe was occuring, when on an alt.

(I have been banned by at least 2 people, one has banned about half of SL, and the other I have no idea as it was someone I'd never had any interraction with who just owned land across a sim from me years ago).

There are places in SL full of drama. Avoid them and things go fine.

And... this forum is one of those places. :P

Perrie Juran wrote:

Kelli May wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

You do realise that this Thread is like THREE YEARS OLD?    
;)

The bit I'm replying to was posted today, and the reason for my reply is relevant to that post, not the OP.

(Just like yours)

Ooooops.   I was meaning to tag the other person.  My bad for not reading all the way.

To be honest I'd missed the necropost until you pointed it out. I'd not read any of the orignal back when it was started.

Cabbage Acanthus wrote:

The OP has said that it was "places" not a place.  If this is happening often this early in their time in SL then it is quite possible that the OP is, perhaps unknowingly, breaking some "taboo" here in SL and instead of getting a friendly bit of advice, the club "security" (always primed for a scrap) just slams them with a griping out and a ban instead of helping a newbie out.  That could very well not be the case and the OP just landed in a nest of twerps (it could really go either way)

There's almost NEVER a need for security staff in SL.

So if a place has security - that itself is a sign that they are actively seeking out drama fights.

I have seen nooblets land in such viper's dens before, and then go on a chain spree from one to the next. Just a bit of conversation with them over how they pick where they go can often solve the issue.

Karalynn Roxley wrote:

I want to warn ALL women out there, about [dude 1] or [dude 2]. This man is [some random person], who works in [something]. He is manipulative and the worst kind of guy you could meet there. Beware. He is a true wolf in sheeps clothingd.

Somehow there needs to be a no second avi option. A very good friend of mine was jilted by a guy, that had 22 alts. NO lie. 22.  Take it for what it is. Faceless contact with strangers like you would on the street. Use at your own risk, and ALWAYS, keep your private life, private. 

Peace all

If you care enough to get your real feelings involved in a romance you would pick up the phone or skype or something and take it there.

If not, its just roleplay, and why does it matter how many alts somebody has?

Perrie Juran wrote:

;)

That may not be a winner but it should at least get an honorable mention. Three full years. It was as always nice to see Void (who's been gone almost that long) but I could have done without being reminded of the lovely Dogboat.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

;)

That may not be a winner but it should at least get an honorable mention. Three full years. It was as always nice to see Void (who's been gone almost that long) but I could have done without being reminded of the lovely Dogboat.

What it should get honorable mention for is going to a 2nd page after being resurrected from a 3-year death...

Karalynn Roxley wrote:

I'm so very very sorry it was so negative for you I truly am. Please know that most of the folks there, are very kind loving souls who are able to reach out across oceans to make you smile
:)
I'm a 4 yr resident of SL, and recently decided to delete my account after my experience. First, I want to warn ALL women out there, about LOVERBOI or FloridaBoi. This man is a 54 year old married man, who works in telemarketing. He is manipulative and the worst kind of guy you could meet there. Beware. He is a true wolf in sheeps clothingd.

SL for me, because of where I am geologically located is great for the winter time when getting out is impossible. But, at this point I'm going to enjoy my real life and be thankful for my many many blessings that are right here around me. SL is a beautiful place that needs work on who they allow in there. Somehow there needs to be a no second avi option. A very good friend of mine was jilted by a guy, that had 22 alts. NO lie. 22.  Take it for what it is. Faceless contact with strangers like you would on the street. Use at your own risk, and ALWAYS, keep your private life, private. 

Peace all

real life.jpg

And this is your partner in real life too? Are you going to delete your RL to get rid of him there too then?

Seriously, are you letting one rotten apple spoil the whole barrel? I'd be damned if I allowed just one individual to cause me to delete a part of my life that is on the whole very good.

Even in real life you can't 100% know a person.  A lot of men - and women - lead double lives. Horrible when the innocent fall foul of them, but while you can delete an account in a virtual world, isn't it better to learn from a bad experience and move on?

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

;)

What it should get honorable mention for is going to a 2nd page after being resurrected from a 3-year death...

LOL. I blame myself. Well, partly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.