How do I get my real name unseen

KellysKM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

What do you mean by "real name"?

Your own name, your real life name? Thats nowhere and can't be seen by anyone.

Your account name? Thats the only way to identify you as you in Second Life, therefore its not hideable. Go make another account, if its name bothers you much or you think you need a different identity for...certain things.

Your RL name and user ID do NOT have to be the same. What we see, KellysKM, is the user ID. If you made it the same as you RL name, it is a problem you created. It is a gotcha, so don't feel bad. But, there is nothing to be done about it... meaning it cannot be changed.

The fix is to open an ALT account, SL lingo meaning alternate avatar. It is common practice of users. Some have an Alt for business purposes. Others so they can get kinky. Others so they can be a pest. And others, like you, because OOPS, I didn't realize...

Some use an avatar with payment info for business. They have a play Alt for other purposes and transfer money from the business avatar to the play avatar as needed.

But, to take money out of SL, you will need to provide RL ID. That doesn't mean you have to use a user ID that reveals your RL name/ID.

Sorry you got bit.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.