Settings for perfect pics?

Xherria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I JUST got my new PC that can handle SL on Ultra...but I been using it on the step between High and Ultra. So I've been taking screen shots and realizing that on flickr and some tumblr posts they have people with amazingly realistic pics, I'm sure most/some are edited or touched up. Could I get some advice on settings for those types of perfect pics, and edit programs I could use? This is a Screen shot of how mine tend to comeout, and it's pretty but not that perfect type that I see so many people using.

In regards to settings, there really isn't a magic setting. You of course want your pictures to be set in ultra. You want your shadow work to be very complex and cover both objects and avatars. I usually turn transparent water off if water is not seen from my pictures to help with lag.

Windlight is the most important tool. Windlight can be found under World > Photo and Video > phototools. What windlight you will use will depend on the type of photo you are trying to take. Shadow work is very important for bringing photos to life and it is important to play with shadows and windlight settings to achieve the perfect look.

You do not have to edit your photos if you don't want to, but many people do. Most people use Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, and Photoscape for this. There are a few tutorials on YouTube that can teach you exactly how to edit a photo.

When you are taking pictures you might want to check out the Black Dragon viewer. It's the basic SL viewer but the creator has pulled all the photography settings into an easy-access menu to make it super easy to play with settings if you want to get really fancy. Otherwise the photo suggestions work as well. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.