ABUSE REPORTING NO RESPONSES OR ACTION TAKEN?????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We had an incident in our club that caused us to ask someone to leave.  The person then put into their Profile that we are bad people and that our club does things that it does NOT do..It is all lies and it is defamation of us and our club.

We immediately sent in all the information asked for by ALL.  We couldn't explain much since it does not allow many characters in the information box, nor will it let you attach a notecard.

It has been WEEKS...with no response...not to mention the person STILL HAS THIS INFLAMMATORY INFORMATION ON THEIR PROFILE.  WE PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR OUR SIM AND FEEL WE SHOULD GET SOME SORT OF RESPONSE...AND AT THE VERY LEAST INSIST THAT THE PERSON REMOVE THAT INFORMATION WHICH CLEARLY IS A VIOLATION OF TOS.  HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A RESPONSE?

Welcome to Second Life

Get used to it..

90% abuse reports get unanswered and unattended to

I wouldn't worrry about 1 little person. they are not the face of SL and wont be hurtful to your club.

All it does is show the drama level of that particular person. if anything it will hurt them more in the long run

It's one person and one profile.

Anyone with any sense will read past a personal gripe and you never know, they might even check you out for themselves and find out what the truth is.

Those that are discouraged by one person's profile are probably not the clientelle you would prefer anyway.

At least you had the courage and decency to ban them personally and not rely on a machine to do it for you.

For that alone, you have my respect.

Keep filing ARs. I had a similar case once, but that person engaged in all kinds of griefing and was probably ARed by multiple people. After a while, her account vanished from search, despite her being a land owner.

You should also contact your lawyer and have them prepare a letter that requests disclosure of the name and RL address of the person in question, in order to take legal action against this party on the grounds of libel. The letter should mention that this person has repeatedly been reported to Linden Lab. That might give them a sense of urgency.

Plus, there is a good chance that you really get access to the RL information. You could send the idiot an official looking cease and desist letter or some other kind of wake-up call (think of cheap hired help with a fondness for baseball bats, which might be the only way of recourse if the subject lives in some lawless Eastern European swamp). Win-win.

See the FAQ Linden Lab Official:I've filed an abuse report, I haven't heard a thing, and the offender isn't banned -- why?

You say in your post that there wasn't enough room on the form and you couldn't attach a notecard.   In my (admittedly limited) experience of such matters, all that's needed is a sentence or two outlining the complaint -- "This avatar's profile  entitled "Whatever" contains false and malicious libels about another resident" or something similar.    They don't need, or particularly want, a blow by blow account, I think.

Having said that, I don't think they are going to take a nasty remark in someone's picks as seriously as you might want them to.

I had this problem a few years ago, and did what Ishtara and Innula said.

A girl listed about 10 avatar names in her profile and with false acusations. One of them contacted me and than on, we ARed her every other day, until we found that her profile was blanked. Than we never heard of her again.

I don't know if she got a suspension, just a warning or what, but our problem was resolved.

If they read this, they'll get an extra buzz of joy knowing how much they upset you. However, no publicity is bad publicity, and as Dilbert said earlier in the thread, you shouldn't worry about one *little* person. And I also expect your is not the only place this little person has been banned from.

Put them out of your mind now, and enjoy your venue; don't allow this one person to destroy your pleasure in SL.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

...You should also contact your lawyer and have them prepare a letter that requests disclosure of the name and RL address of the person in question, in order to take legal action against this party on the grounds of libel. The letter should mention that this person has repeatedly been reported to Linden Lab. That might give them a sense of urgency.

Plus, there is a good chance that you really get access to the RL information. You could send the idiot an official looking cease and desist letter...

Totally agree.  If it matters that much start RL legal proceedings.  Even if you don't really intend to take it very far getting an official legal letter delivered to their RL home really shakes-up the morons when they realise there are RL consequences for their illegal (ie; libellous) SL activities. If it doesn't matter that much then posting here is just drama too.

[Obviously I can't condone the rest of Ishy's suggestion, however.  We use cricket bats in England]

Ah, the melodrama!  So fresh this time of year.

See the post earlier about the girl that was fired from a club for making too much money  You are better off rising above rather than slinging drama after more drama.  Don't let it get to you.  It makes you hit caps-lock and is bad for your stress level.

Katalina Kristan wrote:

We had an incident in our club that caused us to ask someone to leave.  The person then put into their Profile that we are bad people and that our club does things that it does NOT do..It is all lies and it is defamation of us and our club.

We immediately sent in all the information asked for by ALL.  We couldn't explain much since it does not allow many characters in the information box, nor will it let you attach a notecard.

It has been WEEKS...with no response...not to mention the person STILL HAS THIS INFLAMMATORY INFORMATION ON THEIR PROFILE.  WE PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR OUR SIM AND FEEL WE SHOULD GET SOME SORT OF RESPONSE...AND AT THE VERY LEAST INSIST THAT THE PERSON REMOVE THAT INFORMATION WHICH CLEARLY IS A VIOLATION OF TOS.  HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A RESPONSE?

its your word against theirs.

just because you "pay a lot of money" should not give you an advantage in a personal dispute.

LL do not get involved with personal disputes anyway.

he said she said...

Sorry to disagrree with you both.

1. If is just drama, I don't care. The fact is that defamation occurs in SL and is against the ToS. Being fired from a club for wathever reason is not against ToS; that was just drama.

2. It is not a case of word of X against word of Y. Defamation of individuals or groups is not allowed by the ToS. If it is in the profile of the accused person, there is no "faith" involved.

As I've said above, after a few AR's, the profile that was defamating my with others was wiped. The account remained was still alive. LL never tells us what measures they take when receive an AR, but the important thing to us involved, was that defamation stopped. I was not pursuing a personal vendetta, so the result was fine to me. Never thinked on this matter again, until this topic, when remembered that case and used it as an example of what to do and to expect as a result.

@ Katalina - Just keep ARing this person until the defamation is removed from their profile. You will not receive any other response from LL - it is part of their politics on AR's.

Vania Chaplin wrote:

@ Katalina - Just keep ARing this person until the defamation is removed from their profile. You will not receive any other response from LL - it is part of their politics on AR's.

This may get results but it really smells like harassment to me.  Kat, if you feel it is worth the risk, go ahead and try. For me, SLife is too short to worry about it.

People that end up putting things like this in their profile about a business..They usually end up making people more curious about the business rather than making people feel like "omg i'll never go there now for sure!!".. lol

Just consider it free advertising and give it a giggle just knowing she is helping your draw  more than hurting it hehehehe

On those who acuse someone of a fault relays the obligation of give proofs or evidences on the aledged crime. If it is true and the acuser in question has the proofs, why would them simply put it in an almost never-read profile? If they are not capable of supply the necessary evidences of their acusations, they fall in defamation, even if the allegation is true.

And I am happy that it is this way, what a terrible world would it be if anyone could alledge anything, and the accused had to provide proof of their innocence.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Welcome to Second Life

Get used to it..

I wouldn't worrry about 1 little person. they are not the face of SL and wont be hurtful to your club.

All it does is show the drama level of that particular person. if anything it will hurt them more in the long run

I know what you mean.

I had a person (GZ user) tell me in IM in very vulger language that he had "outed" my alts.

I ar'ed him, but amazingly he is still inworld and posting on the forums.   Go figure

:smileywink:

Victoria Kelly wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Welcome to Second Life

Get used to it..

I know what you mean.

I had a person (GZ user) tell me in IM in very vulger language that he had "outed" my alts.

I ar'ed him, but amazingly he is still inworld and posting on the forums.   Go figure

:smileywink:

A GZ hud can't detect alts..They must have been using something else..Probably Redzone or Quickware or some other alt detector..

When you report someone, LL never informs you of any action taken.

Also, rumors seem to indicate that IF YOU ARE RUDE AND YELL IN YOUR REPORTS OR REQUEST FOR ACTION OR ELSES DAMMNU!!!!, your reports might become routine file13 materials.

Just sayin... in case you intend to actually have some improvement in Your second life.

Victoria Kelly wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

A GZ hud can't detect alts..They must have been using something else..Probably Redzone or Quickware or some other alt detector..

Twas my mistake......ment Redzone, but thanks

I do that a lot ..After saying RZ and GZ so many times over the past who knows how long..i get them crossed a lot mysself lol

It's really bad in group chat when it's lagging and i realise i just said the wrong one..Then by the time i correct it..The topic has already changed lol..Have to love the channle lag  these days hehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.