Ban Line Huds and Security Orbs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK everyone:

I like that the ban line hud that I have from Tripple detects when a parcel is banned, but what I do not like about it is that it does not detect security orbs.

Today I was flying my hot air balloon around the mainland and I would hit some places where the minute I was on their parcel no matter how high or low I was, I would get instantly ejected and banned without any warning.

Speaking of security orbs, I think there ought to be a policy in place where it's at least a minimum of 25-30 seconds for someone to get off a parcel they are about to be ejected from so that it can give someone adequate time to get off the parcel.  This would really help for those who fly planes, helicopters and hot air balloons.  What do you think of this?

Does anyone know if there are any ban line huds that do detect security orbs of any kind?

because of the arrogance of some who complain abobut security divices i rezzed orbs at every 50 meters up to 3500 and 4 at  50 meters distance at the corners... gives a nice bouncing effect

no serious, just kidding, i have a sim so don't need orbs for that, but when seeing how the vehicle people claim access to other people's property, at whatever level, i can understand some really would put orbs in such scheme.

land parcels are not public areas, it's privat owned/rented ánd paid.

There is enough land where it is allowed. go there. Or connect forces.... go rent a area of sims with a group.... and have fun there.

It isn't possible to programmatically detect them in advance.

I've recently been running into them too, but they've always given me 10 seconds to depart. It isn't a lot of time but I've always moved away in time.

I've only ever come across an instant eject once, which I tested to see if I could fly across the relatively small parcel before it got me, and I couldn't do it. I explained the situation in an IM to the land owner, and suggeted that a small amount of time is allowed so that those flying over could make it. I didn't get a reply, but a later test showed that the setting had been changed and I could fly across. So I suggest that you IM the landowner, asking for time for avatars to fly across without hinderance. It might work.

Late to this debate as I have been gone for a bit.

This question has been beat to death numerous times over the years.  The use of ban lines and orbs will never be restricted prohibited by LL as the TOS allows land owners/renters complete control over access their land and air space without restriction.

All SL residents can be divided into two groups. 

One that thinks they should be able to go where they please without regard to the landowner's wishes.

This group is wrong.  However, there are plenty of places where you can go to fly or sail.  The Blake Sea and Other  LL owned places for one.  Many large estates, some that have a large number of sims connected together, prohibit ban lines and orbs or restrict their usage to just inside a home.  Go there to fly/sail if they allow the public or if not, rent land there so you can.  Don't try to fly/sail in areas where you know you may run into orbs that will send you home.

The Second group thinks ban lines/security orbs are ok.

This group is right unless the covenant on a private estate prohibits or restricts them. (However I am of the school that a little consideration is called for to allow access to water near sailing areas or air space above a certain level for flyers, IF they are not otherwise bothered by griefers or uninvited drop ins that invade their privacy, or they need to restrict access for role play or combat reasons.  So, sometimes they are needed.)  There is nothing you can do to change this, so accept it and move on.

To the OP: Stop beating a dead horse.  It will avail you of nothing except helping raise your stress.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.