My shoes won't fit!

CoriLuxe1488303201

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Grrrr I hate being new! I have been wrestling to get these black pumps to fit for DAYS. I try to resize them but they just keep ending up looking horrible. When I zoom in on them, they're fine and look great but when I zoom out they start to like disappear in some spots and just look all chewed up and weird. I don't get it. Why can't we just put on shoes and have them fit? Is there like a button that you click that automatically fits the shoes to ur foot?

CoriLuxe wrote:

Grrrr I hate being new! I have been wrestling to get these black pumps to fit for DAYS. I try to resize them but they just keep ending up looking horrible. When I zoom in on them, they're fine and look great but when I zoom out they start to like disappear in some spots and just look all chewed up and weird. I don't get it. Why can't we just put on shoes and have them fit? Is there like a button that you click that automatically fits the shoes to ur foot?

Hi Cori, are sure you wear the shoe base provided with the pumps? This is a foot shaper which normally avoids any manipulation of the pumps themselves.

What Sid said :) If you lag much with higher graphics, it can be an idea to go down again, and adjust Renderavatarlod factor up a bit. Also, check "Advanced" under graphics, and reduce your draw distance, if you can. That way, you will only  render things close to you. It will help on lag. You can also reduce detail on sky, ground, trees... make a priority on what you need most details on.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this will solve my boot problem, where no matter who the manufacturer is, and while wearing the shoe base, the second part of the boot that covers the calf is always too small for my calves and tends to leave a jagged top line where my skin alternately shows through. And also, when I stand a certain way, like where either foot is on its toes with the heel off the floor, there ends up being what looks like a mouth right where my leg meets my foot.

It makes it look like my foot has been partially severed.

Eww.

Kascha, that  sounds more like a plane old fitting problem.  I have that all the time.  If you can scale the boots up a little with either a resize scripts or going into edit mode, then they could probably use a little nudge.  Also, you can get a free set of alpha textures from several places, including a set Imnotgoing Sideways made that are at the Forum Cartel hangout in the freebie room.  Wearing an alpha layer that covers up your calf will keep your legs from poking through.

Once you have a set of alphas that work with your boots, you can work on getting rid of the invisi-prims that are still part of so many boots and shoes.  Even if all I have are resize scripts, if it lets me edit one prim, I select it and shrink it way down until it is completely hidden in the middle of the boot.  If the "mouth" you mentioned is what I am thinking, then getting rid of the invisiprims will fix that. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.