Still getting emails even though I turned them off

Axul Nakamori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm sick of it. I quit this cancer of a program years ago, but despite having "receive Offline messages vie email" unckecked, and "email subscription settings" unsubscribed, I keep getting emails. What part of "DO NOT EMAIL ME" is so confusing for the idiots that run this **bleep**?

Not only that, but I CHANGED my email address to stop getting emails, but it's still emailing the old one.

It's set to not send emails to my yahoo account. Instead, it IS sending emails to my GMAIL account. I thought valve's employees were stupid, but this is on a different level.

"You should try XXXX" is NOT a solution. It is not the responsibility of the customer to fix the product. If you order something at a restaurant and they give you the wrong order, the correct answer isn't "Go into the kitchen and make it yourself". If you hire a plumber, and they flood your house, the correct answer isn't "Fix your pipes yourself". If you tell a software company not to email you, and they email you anyway, the correct answer is not "Block the emails".

3 answers to this question

A spirited rant here will have no effect at all.  Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answers site.  We're all SL residents, and we don't have any way to do anything for your account (or any desire to).  As Alwin says, you probably set the e-mail preference for an alt that you have long since forgotten.

• Like 2

Axul Nakamori wrote:

What part of "DO NOT EMAIL ME" is so confusing for the idiots that run this **bleep**?

Do you know how rare idiots are? And what chance do you think an idiot has of being hired by Linden Lab? I'm not a statistician, but I'm going to guess that it's more likely for someone to mistake a resident-to-resident forum for an official company support desk.

I like Alwin's alt theory.

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.