Things that make you Smile! Part 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone!  I started a thread in the "Old forums"  About what makes you smile!  I would love to hear about what makes you smile here too!

So I have come up with 5 things that make me smile, and delight me here in Second   Life!  Here they are!

1.  Teaching building classes at Help People Island, and at Happy Hippo Building School.  I get my greatest joy here in Second Life from this.

2.  Helping someone and knowing that they really "get it"!

3.  Exploring Second Life with my lady and my love!

4.  Building SL Spacecraft.

5.  Hanging out with close friends.

Ok that's my 5 things!

Your Turn!!  Go for it!

Your posts always make me smile Hippie :smileyhappy:

One thing which really made me laugh to tears was our very last thread on the day the old forum closed. lol, we've had 6 hours of complete madness there. I still smile when I remember this! And you were the bravest of all, Hippie, on the boat up to the end! You were the king of the world!  :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Your posts always make me smile Hippie :smileyhappy:

One thing which really made me laugh to tears was our very last thread on the day the old forum closed. LOL, we've had 6 hours of complete madness there. I still smile when I remember this! And you were the bravest of all, Hippie, on the boat up to the end! You were the king of the world!  :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Oh yes Valerie!  That was a fun thread.  And you supplied the boat and provisions!  Yes!  I felt in very good company there!  Was a warm and fuzzy feeling!  Yup, and I went down with the ship, but survived!  Woot!  Hugs to you Valerie!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:
  Yup, and I went down with the ship, but survived!  Woot!  Hugs to you Valerie!

Peace!

If you went down with the ship Hippie, then you managed to climb on board the rescue dinghy and find another vessel to sail in, because here you are, making us smile and being one of the reasons I smile about SL.

*huggs*

Mondy

Monderas Bristol wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:
  Yup, and I went down with the ship, but survived!  Woot!  Hugs to you Valerie!

Peace!

If you went down with the ship Hippie, then you managed to climb on board the rescue dinghy and find another vessel to sail in, because here you are, making us smile and being one of the reasons I smile about SL.

*huggs*

Mondy

Oh yes Mondy!  I found my way back!  Wet and cold I was, but I found my way back!  LOL!  Thank you for your kind words!  I am truly humbled by them!

Peace!

This past weekend, we went to the pet store for food and bedding for all our pets.  When we were walking in, there was a lady and her grand daughter walking out.  The little girl was 5 or 6 years old, wearing a bright flowery dress and holding a bag containing 4 gold fish and water.  She was so proud of her fish she had to show them to us.  How can you not smile at a moment like that?

Other things that make me smile:

• an empty in-box at work
  • creme brulee
  • 5 meter length of rope
  • waking up to the smell of coffee brewing
  • putting on my lace-up ropers (not so much about the boots them selves but what they have done)
  • helping a newbie
  • ironic examples of instant karma

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

This past weekend, we went to the pet store for food and bedding for all our pets.  When we were walking in, there was a lady and her grand daughter walking out.  The little girl was 5 or 6 years old, wearing a bright flowery dress and holding a bag containing 4 gold fish and water.  She was so proud of her fish she had to show them to us.  How can you not smile at a moment like that?

Other things that make me smile:
  • an empty in-box at work
  • creme brulee
  • 5 meter length of rope
  • waking up to the smell of coffee brewing
  • putting on my lace-up ropers (not so much about the boots them selves but what they have done)
  • helping a newbie
  • ironic examples of instant karma

Oh yes Rhonda!  Good smiles here.  Nothing like the smile of a little child!  I also love the smell of coffee brewing.  And helping a newbie!  Nothing like the feeling you get when a new person really "gets it"!  Woot!  Great post!

PS - I looked up creme brulee.  I have never tried it, but it looks delicious!

Peace!

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

PS - I looked up creme brulee.  I have never tried it, but it looks delicious!

Peace!

Never?

You need to taste a real vanilla bean creme brulee to know what it is like to melt with hedonistic pleasure.

MMMMM!  Sounds so good!  I will have to try to find it here in Florida!

Peace!

I know we've never met Hippie, but reading your posts are definately one of the things that make me smile.  You have such a wonderful positive outlook and your joy is just infectious.  Keep smiling Hippie :)

Other things that make me smile - my beautiful daughter, playing with my dogs, spending time with my partner in SL on our beautiful island, and exploring everything SL has to offer.

Eve1209 Quintessa wrote:

I know we've never met Hippie, but reading your posts are definately one of the things that make me smile.  You have such a wonderful positive outlook and your joy is just infectious.  Keep smiling Hippie
:)

Other things that make me smile - my beautiful daughter, playing with my dogs, spending time with my partner in SL on our beautiful island, and exploring everything SL has to offer.

Thank you for your kind words Eve!  I am humbled by them!  I see you have some wonderful things that make you smile!  Woot!

Peace!

The perfect "happy hour" makes me smile.

We have one every day at my club, it is small, often not very busy but there are always a few friends about.

1920s music sounds, couples dance the charleston and we just chat.

Often we forget the roleplay and just talk about all sorts of subjects.

I look around and see people who I call friends enjoying themselves, seein my club a bit like a RL pub, a place they visit every day.

I smile and am just delighted with how this funny little thing I build turned into a community I'd never even imagined possible.

That, and sailors.

Jo Yardley wrote:

The perfect "happy hour" makes me smile.

We have one every day at my club, it is small, often not very busy but there are always a few friends about.

1920s music sounds, couples dance the charleston and we just chat.

Often we forget the roleplay and just talk about all sorts of subjects.

I look around and see people who I call friends enjoying themselves, seein my club a bit like a RL pub, a place they visit every day.

I smile and am just delighted with how this funny little thing I build turned into a community I'd never even imagined possible.

That, and sailors.

Good stuff Jo!  Yes you have a lot to smile about!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hey Hippie! This REALLY brings a huge smile on my face: please meet Greta, my new RL dog! She's 6 weeks old and will be at home on April 14th! Awwww! I already love her!

Greta2.JPG

Valerie!  Wow!  Wow!  She is beautiful!  She looks like a puli!  Is she?  I had a puli.  What a good dog!  Thanks for putting a big smile on my face!

Peace!

Hmmmm.....

Things that make me smile in SL :-

1. boinking with my partner....YES boinking - you know when you push each other around like a tag team :D

2. rezzing crazy stuff...lol

3. gesturebating

4. spending time with friends

5. building

Things that make me smile in RL :-

1. spending time with friends

2. having fun

3. alcohol...lol

4. good food

5. great company

I am a simple girl with simple needs lol :-)

Cait

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hey Hippie! This REALLY brings a huge smile on my face: please meet Greta, my new RL dog! She's 6 weeks old and will be at home on April 14th! Awwww! I already love her!

Greta2.JPG

Valerie - OMG she is just adorable!!!!  What a beautiful girl!  I know you can't wait to get your hands on her, and give her lots of kisses and hugs. What kind of dog is she?  I'm a huge animal lover (I have two dogs, both rescues, and a parakeet in rl, and in sl - wow, loads of animals - manatees, sting rays, dogs, cats, a horse, frogs, fish, a dolphin macaws, all out and roaming around on our island. I'm sure I'm missing some!).  Pics of dogs and cats are another thing that ALWAYS make me smile.  Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Caitlyn Gothly wrote:

Hmmmm.....

Things that make me smile in SL :-

1. boinking with my partner....YES boinking - you know when you push each other around like a tag team
:D

2. rezzing crazy stuff...lol

3. gesturebating

4. spending time with friends

5. building

Things that make me smile in RL :-

1. spending time with friends

2. having fun

3. alcohol...lol

4. good food

5. great company

I am a simple girl with simple needs lol :-)

Cait

Ahh Caitlyn!  Good smiles there!  Good post!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Greta2.JPG

Well....wow...that does not only make you smile....but me too, what an adorable puppy!!!!!

(I am sooo jealous now....lol)_

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.