Pose ball question

sunstreak

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know there is an old thread about this but not sure if people will answer the old one.  I can trigger the pose ball on the furniture but still end up sitting on top of it.  What i am hearing is that we should reset the script, or make sure to point to the pose ball (or touch the furniture if the pose ball hadn't appeared), then sit or right click the action that makes it go. The times it doesn't work is when I don't get the animate question and i look like a fool sitting on a pose ball

Heres my question, how do I retrigger the animation question - should it allows pop up or will it time out? 
I tried closing windows quickly to see if it was hidden but don't seem to do it (maybe i am just not fast enough). I could have sworn i have tried all those options but still don't get the animate question - not sure if i could also just give open permission myself from my end to allow animate  (ie not the pose ball).
Thanks for any help with this

You should never see a permissions dialog window for PREMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION if you sit on or wear something.  That permission is always granted silently and automatically. If an animation is not triggering when you sit, it's often because you didn't click on whatever triggers it.  You may have sat on a pillow, for example, instead of sitting on the sofa.  If so, you'd end up sitting on the wrong object -- not the one that has an animation in it.  That's particularly likely if your furniture has pose balls rather than built-in sit scripts.

There is no one-size-fits-all way to write a sit script.  Scripts are written for specific applications. Some will only respond to the owner.  Some will display a menu of animations to select from.  Some will offer a choice of places to sit.  Some allow you to adjust your position.  Some readjust if a second person sits nearby.  All of these possibilities (and others) make it difficult to offer a good answer to the question, "Why doesn't my sit work?"

It seems probable that you are using the MLP animations system. That's not the animations themselves but the system that runs it. That one will always ask for your permission to animate your avatar, except when it recognises you because you're the last person to 'sit' on the poseball that you're trying to 'sit' on now.

Nevertheless, it does sound that your AO is overriding the desired animation, as Alwin said, so turn your AO off and you'll probably get what you want. But be sure that you are right clicking the poseball you want to be on, and nothing other than that.

The answer to your question is that you *can't retrigger the permission question. It will time-out but the question box stays on the screen. The time-out simply means that any button you press won't be acted on and, when you press one, the box disappears.

*You can get that box back by resetting the whole system, but that's not what you want to know, because it can take some time to reset..

Thanks everyone. Very appreciated and I also figured out I can find the animate request on the systems area of my chat. That may have fixed most issues along with detaching AO. Good to know it happens, thanks Cheri, just felt like I had noob written on my forehead as I was playing with it. But everyone in SL is really understanding and awesome that ppl got back to me so fast with answers - cheers all!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.