I would like to know please how it is possible to add boundaries lines on a part of my sim?

cristeabogdan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

There are boundary lines, which you can make visible anywhere and simply show the borders of parcels in the region.  Turn those on with World/Show More/Property Lines.

But those don't prevent people from crossing into your parcel.  For that, what you want is ban lines.  These look like bands of police tape in the air, when you get close to them.  You can erect general ban lines, allowing only people in your group or in a specified list of allowed people and excluding everyone else.  Do this in About Land, in the Access tab.  In this tab you can also name specific people you want to ban from your land.

General ban lines are only in effect to 50 meters above the terrain, so they won't keep people from visiting your skybox or flying over your land at higher levels.  Bans against specifically named persons extend up to 5000 meters.  

Another way to keep trespassers out is with a security orb.  These devices can be set to protect your entire parcel (without having to see ugly ban lines) or you can set them to protect a specific area, like the inside of your home.

Both ban lines and security orbs can annoy your neighbors or casual passers-by.  In general, I don't like either one, and prefer to leave my land open.  If someone proves to be a nuisance, I ban them specifically by name.

Ban lines and security orbs only prevent physical intrusion.  People can still move their cameras inside your house and look at you.  To prevent this, go to About Land, Options tab.  Un-check the box which allows people on other parcels to see and hear you.  This will make you invisible to people outside your land, and vice versa, although you can still see each others' green dots on the Map.

EDIT:  I noticed you say you want to "divide a part of your sim."  That means you would like to create a new parcel within your region.  To do this, right click the ground and select Edit Terrain.  Then drag the mouse to create the size selection you wish.  (This will only do rectangular selections, in jumps of 4 meters.  To create an irregular parcel, you'll have to subdivide out several rectangles, then join them into one parcel.)  When you have the shape you want, click the Subdivide button in About Land to create the new parcel.  Now you can put up ban lines around that parcel as described above.  NOTE:  You cannot see ban lines on land that you own.  To test, use an alt who's not a member of your land group or ask a friend for help.

• Like 3

If you own a private region, you get to make the rules, so you can decide what sort of security systems you will allow.  If someone else owns the region, be very careful to check the region covenant or talk with the owner before you do anything.  On the region I own, for example, I forbid any use of ban lines and do not allow people to use security orbs below 300m because I find them visually offensive and a navigational nuisance.

Rolig Loon and Alwin Alcott..I answer from this account simply because "answer" option as i see is gone.also I can not answer my own question...facepalms...anyway. Rolin Loon I own whole sim so that shouldnt be a problem Alwin Alcott ..I already checked the knowledge base and couldnt find the answer which is why I asked here .but ty anyway

That's cool. I mentioned it only because I have seen other residents get all upset when they spent a lot of time setting up ban lines or buying an orb, only to find out that the region owner forbids them. As the region owner yourself, you can set the rules.

BTW, you can either respond to a post in Answer as I am doing or you can simply edit your original post (select Edit from the Options menu in the upper right of your post).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.