Is there a revert button to bring back the house when I delete it by mistake?

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As deleting the house by mistake keeps occuring no matter what, I'd like to know if there is some revert possibility.

That is I may start all over again some 1-2-3-4 times but I cannot keep installing houses that are deleted for ever.

Either I need some protection I may apply and that will forbid the house to be deleted in no way whatsoever (which I thought was locking it) or some revert possibility.

This time the house was deleted when I tried to take something from the wall.

(I ask about reverting as by mistake I flattened all my sim when terraforming, it looked like a sandbox, but I dscovered a revert button which returned it to previous situation.)

Thanks

P.S. This time you're all wonderful and do not know where to give the accepted answer title.

I have no time to practice.  I thought when somebody has time he hasn't money and if he has money he hasn't time, but me I have neither of two.  Yes I have this sim all to me but I'm racing to secure the rent, one cannot imagine how much...

So I installed a house, locked it and the idea occurred to my mind to lock each and every item of furniture and decoration too.

Yes, I noticed that when something I do not want to delete is highlighted, clicking by mistake near the item I want to take or delete, I must not proceed.  Nevertheless I've been given two tips that revert deleting from elsewhere, did not yet tested them.

I created today two steps for my front door.  Initially I tried to raise land, as could not climb the house's basement unless if flying.  Raising the land did not go so well, so I created two steps with tile texture and so I can enter walking the front door henceforward.  Also I created 3 semi-transparent walls for a hut I have in the yard, as when I deleted the house with all the furniture and everything could not sleep under the stars so I needed to close somehow a recreational hut that exists in my sim.  Did not linked them as do not know yet how to do it.

Here I am although with a beautiful house, beautiful furniture, bathroom complet, kitchen with appliances, etc etc.  I realized that except for choosing cute furniture, one must also be able to sit, sleep, eat etc with them, which is not always the case.  So until to learn (ages later) how to script, I must be careful what to buy.

Also when I'll be richer, much much more richer, I'd like to have detailed animations all over the house, all drawers opening, fridge opening and taking out food, books and things out and in the cabinets etc.  I suppose this must be possible if spending a fortune.  Also the majority of the houses I've seen in sl when traveling homeless (those without security), mine cannot compare with them.  They seemed as made professionally, all the decoration.  Perhaps they are, except for landscaping companies also interior decorators in sl, and one pays them for to prepare his house.  It's not that I cannot choose the right things it's that moving and placing them is not perfect.  Cause I do not know yet how to build.

But, even so, when I finished everything and put my avatar to eat something in the kitchen, not only me but her too was very happy and smiled.  She smiles occasionally, perhaps it's the food that eats which has a smile animation.

Now I consider to place paintings on the walls and decorative objects around (on the shelves, tables, etc.)

3 answers to this question

As Alwin says, "Lock" will only give you a caution message when you try to delete it.  If you ignore the message and go ahead, it will be deleted.

Maybe your problem is in SELECTING the thing(s) you want to delete.

If they are a part of the house, you'll have to fix that first, before you delete them.  Right click the object.  Does the whole house get highlighted?  If so, the object is part of the house "linkset", the group of linked prims that makes up the house.

Assuming you have full mod rights on the house, select Edit Linked Parts in the Edit window, then select your desired prim.  Next, click Build/Unlink or hit the Unlink button in the edit window.  You should now be able to move or delete that prim without affecting the rest of the linkset.

• Like 2

I know I've suggested this at least once before, but I'm serious so I'll say it again.............  You really ought to practice your building skills on something less important than a house before you move on to the big time.  You seem to have a full region at your disposal, so start rezzing prims and building things.  Link them.  Unlink them.  Texture them. Retexture them. Move them around.  Tourture the heck out of them.  And don't go back to messing with your house again until you have more confidence that you know what you are doing.  It will save you a lot of frustration (and you'll probably have fun too).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.