how i can play second life without video card? my has already been upgraded

dieg0rangel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my pc don't have video card but i already play in my cell and notebook, and my other computer, can anyone help me please?

my pc is this

from a chip.  If you have a choice, then, get a computer that has a dedicated graphics card -- one that is designed for gaming.

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400

@ 2.70 GHz

4,00 GB

64 bits

windows 8 

5 answers to this question

Your computer has to have some way to display graphic information.  If it doesn't have a graphics card, it at least needs a graphics chip on its motherboard.  I'd be extremely surprised if your computer didn't have one -- probably an Intel chip of some kind.  Having said that, however, a graphics chip will almost certainly give you lower quality graphics than a graphics card.  Chips are basically designed for the very simple operations that most people use notebooks for: web browsing, e-mail, watching videos, playing simple on-line games ... Compared to those applications, SL demands a lot more from your computer.  You'll get low- to medium-quality graphics in SL from a chip.  If you have a choice, then, get a computer that has a dedicated graphics card -- one that is designed for gaming.

• Like 3

As Rolig says, your computer must have a graphics adapter of some kind. If it doesn't, you'd not be able to use it at all, except as a paperweight, doorstop or footrest. The adapter may be built into the motherboard or into the CPU chip itself, it needn't be in a separate card. I'm not sure what kind of upgrade you're referring to, and we can't give much advice without knowing what kind of computer you've got. Come back to your question and edit it to tell us more. You can do that via "Options" over there on the right.

dieg0rangel wrote:

[ .... ]

my pc is this

from a chip.  If you have a choice, then, get a computer that has a dedicated graphics card -- one that is designed for gaming.

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5400

@ 2.70 GHz

4,00 GB

64 bits

windows 8 

That's nice, but you didn't tell us anything about its graphics.  Do this >>> Start your SL viewer but do not log in.  Look in the upper left corner of the screen.  Click Help >> About Second Life.  Then click the button on the new window that opens that says "Copy to Clipboard".  Come back and paste that information into your question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.