linden dollars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No more linden dollars.

i allways used  a third party seller (paysafe cards) to buy linden dollars.

Sins linden closed them im trying to find a new way.

So i thought paypal was the thing for me..but  surprice now i need a credit card number???????

I know creditcards are practicly a way of life in the usa...its not  from where i come.

why use paypal if you need a credit card anyway?

I dont want to use my bank  to purchage linden dollars.

oh and why when i try to buy linden dollars  it shows US dollars.?

Has linden forgotten the rest of the world?

basicly i want to buy linden dollars in a easy way without creditcards bank acounts  and continue the fun i have in SL.

So Help!!! please

you also can connect a bankaccount to your paypal to verify, thats how mine works for many years now

using paypal is double secure, you always can block unwanted payments or disputes, and you don't have to give LL your accountdetails.

You also could think about Skrill, thats about the same as paypal.

But thats about it.... when you don't want that it means a Second Life without easy to get L$.

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal
  • Skrill

The currencies accepted for payment include:

• CAD, AUD, JPY, EUR, GBP for non-U.S. Residents, and
    • USD for U.S. Residents

I've seen people post about this many times over the years. If I understand correctly, it's the fact that people do NOT verify their bank account through PayPal, or they somehow fail to connect the bank account properly.

Am I correct in assuming that the problem .. the REAL problem .. is something that people can fix themselves by following PayPal's instructions on connecting and verifying their bank account?

it might be different in every country, but when i don't log in at PP ( to prevent seeing my own settings) i can see its possible to add a noral bank account too... and when i log in i can add CC and banks as primary sources for PP.

i don't know Skrill, but i'm sure you can find it on their website.

I had my bank account on my paypal, so that helps me buy lindens here. I find it bull**bleep** really cause Sl didn't use to require you to verify with a bank account then, but now it does, and adds these annoying measures. Oh won't surprise me soon they will require you to submit date of birth records, photo ID's just to prove your age. 

Anyhow, once you put a bank account on your paypal, and able to buy lindens, you can remove your bank account from paypal although paypal is safe, but sometimes people get hacked on SL, with their email attached and all. So, i'd recommend taking off your bank account once you're able to buy lindens.

Few days ago someone who was complaining here in the forums about not able to buy L$ from Paypal without credit card contacted me inworld, because I had replied to her message.  I explained step by step how to verify her bank account and she said she had done all those steps, and still didn't work.

Yesterday she contacted me again, finally she could buy L$. The problem turned out to be that she had not exchanged her euro's for usd. I can imagen, when you have been buying from 3rd party sellers for years in your local currency, that it does not come into your mind that you have to exchange first to US dollars before you can pay Linden Lab.

Ahhh ... another nugget of wisdom that would have never come to me from "this" side of the Atlantic. I have only purchased from overseas (European and Middle-Eastern) companies a few times, and all of them I used my PayPal account. They did the exchange from USD to the seller's currency completely invisible to me.

BUT ... I must also mention that I'm one of those that heard about and signed up for PayPal during its first year of operation. I now have an "old fat man" account (although I'm sure they call it something else). Whatever the name, it gives me all sorts of benefits that save tons of fees and hassles for me. (And my particulars have been verified for more than a decade now so, I am kind of stable.)

Isn't there an option in the PayPal profile that lets you select "automatically convert currencies"?

I have the same problem, i have a pp account, money is in usd now, bank account is verified, and STILL can,t get lindens....asking for a creditcard , this is very annoying, i just don,t understand why the third party of buying lindens had to go, it was so much easier to buy Lindens.....

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Linden likes to ignore lots of non US players by stoppping places like dxchange which worked perfect and without having to change euros to usd first and not been forced to go to places like paypall and all other plastic cards but using your reg bankaccount without having it to connect to second life

Its a pity they make it harder for several people that been playing here for years spending prob more then lots of premium players to get more personal information data like bankaccount and/or creditcard numbers from players or just to make a few bucks extra by controlling the rates cuz i think 3rd parties often had better rates then Linden

When using paypall i would say just put the amount you want to spent on buying on your paypall so it empties when you bought your Lindens that way you dont have to worry about anything getting lost there

II hope they will come to reason and undo the block but untill then i will have to go the slow way of paypall for a while i guess :(

Kyra Hastings wrote:

basicly i want to buy linden dollars in a easy way
without creditcards bank acounts
 and continue the fun i have in SL.

I've seen this asked a lot. Forgive my ignorance, but without a bank account, how does one add money to PayPal? I can understand not having a credit card, but isn't a bank account essential to the process?

• 2 weeks later...

i can understand the way it goes , but paysafe was easy use for get lindons...why does Sl not put those easy system to buy directly from the l-lab, may eu folks and or asia pay in the US system but with paysafe...thts the way ..btw lots of folks  i know had used paysafe...and yet we ask premiums for exchange ...paysafe nr. for lindondollars to get ls for be able to upload stuff^^ but yea all new thngs have to run a while...but i read paypal and the other want credit card number...hmmm na soso...hope is tht all ways are possible for everyone again^^ even if its a new way..but needs to be prove ..again n again, if all ways are open ^^

the best chris aka yve

• 2 weeks later...

I quit after 4 days. This world is really exciting, but without paysafecard i cant buy a **bleep** lol. Wondering how many real $ you gonna lose from disabling people to buy through other systems, cause i guess 70% of all here arent ready to use creditcards. Anway good luck with your ''innovative'' ideas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.