Am I paranoid or is this a reasonable concern?

Zazaaji

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Both Firestorm and the official Second Life viewer produce it. I'll redownload and reinstall Firestorm to see if it fixes the problem.

EDIT: Reinstalling the latest Firestorm did not make it act correctly. It's still doing the exact same oddity.

ever since LL changed to raycast picking (and camera view/pan interest lists) then what you see happening in high content (meaning lag) areas is pretty normal these days

i get this all the time

mouse single-clicks turn into double-clicks. Right-click menu turns into Detach. Pick and Wear a item turns into pick something else completely and wear. No attachments sometimes after teleport and sim crossings. Munted mesh clothes after camera panning, requiring a Edit to fix. Pointing off into space. Particle pointers keep streaming way after you stopped pointing. And so on and on and on (:

LL been trying to squash all these bugs. Is some more fixes coming in the next Maintenance viewer. Dunno how long it will take to fix all, but they are getting there

+

so basically nobody else (like another person ingame)  is doing anything to you. At least on what you are seeing

That might explain the freebie place object issue I was at, but the selection beam issue and arm point issue is doing those problems everywhere I go. This includes my Home location that has literally no one else logged into the entire sim, and only five prims at all within 3000 or so meters of my avatar. There is absolutely zero lag there, yet the issue persists.

Due to that, I am entirely sure this isn't a lag issue.

then you left with trying all the usual options

option 1:  menu: Me \ Movement \ Stop Animating Me

option 2: clear cache and relog

option 3: remove all attachments and then option 1 and/or 2

option 4: menu: Advanced \ Avatar \ Character Tests \ Test Male or Test Female (will do a full reset on avatar to the default avatar)

option 5: full uninstall and clean reinstall of viewer

option 6: there is a scripted object on the sim somewhere which you gave animation permissions to. You have to find it and sit/touch it again and hope that the permissions will be revoked. Or if is your own object then can delete it from the inworld and Option 1

mostly bc clear cache is the option that fixes most things more than any other

altho

option 2 could be just relog by itself

and then clear cache and relog could be option 4 and a half

+

and also I really wonder why people have names even. Like Alwin for example q; (:

In Firestorm viewer you can disable the selection beam as well as the arm movement pointing to the selection.

• To disable the selection beam:
Preferences, Firestorm, Avatar --> Enable selection beam <-- unselect this

• To disable the arm movement:
In the Debug Settings PrivatePointAtTarget set it to TRUE

Coby Foden wrote:

In Firestorm viewer you can disable the selection beam as well as the arm movement pointing to the selection.

• To disable the selection beam:

Preferences, Firestorm, Avatar -->
Enable selection beam
<-- unselect this

• To disable the arm movement:

In the Debug Settings
PrivatePointAtTarget
set it to
TRUE

I'd have gone for this option too, and if that didn't work, I'd have gone for Character Test. Obviously I am late to this thread, and my response was/is totally unhelpful.

Ah well, another bad day in the office *sighs*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.