Someone I do not know.. randomly sent me Ls when i was sleeping this morning..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just found out now as I logged in after working all day.

Little more than 1.5k

Profile is pretty much a blank profile, with the picture, and other stuff, whited out.

What should i do? It comes back on transactions as gift, and payment.

I don't sell anything, nor am i a creator. Should I be worried?

always give it back

and send them a IM saying you done this. A notecard even if you worried

+

if the person gave it to you by mistake then they will be happy to get back

if they are up to mischief then you have taken the proper steps to absolve yourself

and dont ever take candy from strangers. Ever evah (: 

+

about mischief

is some pretty nasty people. Like they hijack other peoples accounts. Empty their L$ account by pay to a throwaway alt. Then random pay from this to others. Can cause all kinds of problems for them random people  who keep the money. LL can (and does) often suspend recieving accounts until they can be sure that the receiving accounts are not involved in the hijack

How does this work for the thief. They pay out heaps to others and in among all the payments is some smaller sums to their own. The idea being to only retain a small portion of the stolen money. And hope to hide their little amounts in the blizzard. Then when they get queried then they pretend innocence. In a big crowd of  innocent people then is often hard for the inestigators to identify the not innocent when all are protesting innocence

the way to help catch the thief is to isolate them. Innocent people can do that easy by sending money back to people they dont know

+

eta: just take this further about what to do if the throwaway account is no longer present in world, so you cant give it back

pay the money to Governor Linden. Then AR the Governor and explain in the AR why you paid the Gov the money

I'm just remembering what happened years ago. I used the wrong words. I only say people are being rude when they are. You aren't being rude so of course I'm not going to say it. It's not fake lindens. There's another word for it. Anyways maybe I can dig up the posts about it. I'll have to do it on my day off.

I volunteer to check any such suspicious moneys  - simply send them to me and i shall attempt to spend them on furniture, shoes and expensive 3d art.

If i am unsuccessful, then that confirms the linden dollars are suspicious and they will be disposed of in a controlled manner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.