buying stuff bc the other stuff you got was free

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i got some free things off this person on the marketplace

was two things of them I quite liked. So I keep them and delete the rest

i then buy this other thing off them for L$. Which I didnt want and delete that as well. Which I thought was a fair price to pay for the things they thought was of no money value to them

i dont have enough to waste already

like I want to waste 2,750L on this mesh body. but I never have that many at the same time. L$ not mesh bodies that is. Altho i did save up and wasted 900L on this other one. and then later on 600L more i wasted on some skins for it

+

i would of wasted 1L on you tho. but you dont show up in the inworld search. so oh! well

i thought to give you 1L so that you could waste it all in the same shop. but you never got so now you just have to imagine all the things you could of wasted it on

jejejejje (:

the person I get the stuff off contact me inworld just now and gave me my money back. Which I thought was pretty good of them

i gave it back. the money. bc I was quite happy to give them something for the stuff I did keep. Like I wasnt unhappy that I give it to them. the money. Or unhappy about the product I did use to pay them something. Was actual quite well made, just not something I would wear myself

but anyways. I like that person (:

irihapeti wrote:

i got some free things off this person on the marketplace

was two things of them I quite liked. So I keep them and delete the rest

i then buy this other thing off them for L$. Which I didn't want and delete that as well. Which I thought was a fair price to pay for the things they thought was of no money value to them

That's an interesting way of looking at the value of a purchase [allbeit a free one for the item you liked] and rewarding the creator.

Might I suggest the method I've used in the past. If I get a free item or a L$1 item from the MarketPlace that just "Wows" me, I will send the creator a nice NC with an additional cash payment directly.

While buying one of their other offerings, and then discarding it to reward the creator/merchant with a L$ reward, also works do realize that it also pays Linden Lab as well. Additionally, you do the merchant a disservice by not letting them know how much their free item impressed you.

Me, I found Joe in search, but only with my 2nd attempt to type his name from the top of my head ^_^

I was tempted to waste 10 L$ for you to upload a profile pic, Joe, but then remembered one can upload those for free and went to waste money on grass instead. If you don't know how, you can ask over in 'Answers' ^__^

Sin Ying wrote:

Me, I found Joe in search, but only with my 2nd attempt to type his name from the top of my head
^_^

I was tempted to waste 10 L$ for you to upload a profile pic, Joe, but then remembered one can upload those for free and went to waste money on grass instead. If you don't know how, you can ask over in 'Answers' ^__^

I know everything.

Joe

/but what's the point of doing a profile for a  forum avatar?

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

JoeKingleigh wrote:

irihapeti wrote: i would of wasted 1L on you tho. but you dont show up in the inworld search. so oh! well

I mentioned in another thread that I don't co-exist.

Joe

/Mainly because I don't exist.

you co-exist now, I just sent you a blank note card inworld.

Like many other deliveries in SL, it didn't turn up

Joe

/Can I have another one

//or my money back

///otherwise I will give you a bad review on the MP.

JoeKingleigh wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

JoeKingleigh wrote:

//or my money back

/me pays you 0L

/me sends you a virtual receipt for L$0

Joe

/Free stuff is worth what you pay for it.

i will treasure your receipt on its face value 

Aethelwine wrote:

In my experience they return the money at that point and tell you it was a meant to be a free gift... At which point I do what Irhapeti did and buy some things from their store.

I've had creators attempt to return the money for exactly the reason you've cited. I refuse the return with an explanation. That's always worked, probably because I'm stubborn.

I've no problem with buying lots of things from a creator who gave me a freebie, but I don't buy things I don't want and then discard them. If the only thing a creator made that I liked was the freebie, I might give some money, praise the thing, explain why it pleases me, and encourage the creation of more things like it.

I'm just as likely to IM a creator when I find a shortcoming in something, to make suggestions for improvement. I've had mixed results there.

When I feel someone deserves a thank you, I want them to know they got one, and what it's for.

;-).

Aethelwine wrote:

In my experience they return the money at that point and tell you it was a meant to be a free gift... At which point I do what Irhapeti did and buy some things from their store.

yes (:

+

a: i give you a free stuff bc I am nice person

b: i give you money bc you gave me a free stuff bc I am nice person

a: i give you back your money bc it was a gift the free stuff I gave you bc I am nice person

b: i give you back the money you gave bc is my gift to you bc I am nice person

a: i give you back the money you gave as a gift bc my gift to you dont need to be paid back bc I am nice person

b: thats not very nice

a: wot!

b: trying to be nicer than me

a: ffs

b: u ffs

a: no uuuuu!!

b: rudie!!!

a: jejejeje (:

b: xD xD

Noooo!

Let's say I get a free thing, and I love it. Here's what I do. I send L$200 to the creator with the following IM:

Hi, Ms. Creator. I loved your Joobie so much I've got to send you some money for it. I imagine you create the things you do because you love doing it. That shows in your work. I know the Joobie is a gift you give with the hope, if not the expectation, of helping your business. Unfortunately, I don't actually buy much these days, and so I may not be back to purchase anything more from you.

I'm sure you're happy for me to have the Joobie anyway, but we're all in this together, and want to support people like you who make people like me happy. Return the money if you must. But if you do I'll be heartbroken. Worse yet, I'll feel scorned and may come to hunt you down and set you on fire. Here's what that looks like...

Warm Welcomes.jpg

One of the flaming avatars in that rogue's gallery was lured into my fireplace in approximately that way.

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.