I'm with the feminists on this issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Come on girls! Wear as little as you like to protest against dress codes that reflect attitudes sexualising the female body.

Mind you, I'd prefer it if some of the pretty ones could push their way to the front of the photos, rather than allowing those with linebacker thighs to demonstrate the real reason they should not be wearing shorts.

PS Don't Canadian women have anything better to do?

PPS Derek has advised me that, given the general state of Canadian men, they probably don't.

I gotta be honest if it was adults it'd be one thing. I'd say wear what you wanna wear. Kids are a different story. Ya go to school to learn not for a fashion show. I'd have to say I am with the school on this one. Wouldn't be my girls. The coversation would be something like this.

Dad: Go change.

Daughter: But Dad...

Dad: Shut up ya know why. lmao

End of conversation. lmao :)

Velk Kerang wrote:

I gotta be honest if it was adults it'd be one thing. I'd say wear what you wanna wear. Kids are a different story. Ya go to school to learn not for a fashion show. I'd have to say I am with the school on this one. Wouldn't be my girls. The coversation would be something like this.

End of conversation. lmao
:)

Best of luck with that.

(Next thing you know Velk will be admitting that he keeps his daughters locked up in a cellar while he plays SL.)

Velk Kerang wrote:

School is not about just class room learning, it's all so about learning social interaction.  The fashion show can be an importation part of that, and all so for developing self identity, sadly more and more schools are just truing into sheep factory's, or in the the case of Harvard exceptional sheep factory's. 

In high school I had a Mohawk, hung out with crazy looking kids, never drank or did drugs.  My brother was student council president, dressed and hung out with normal looking kids, and drank so much he blacked out most weekends in high school.  The biggest lesson I got from this growing up was to never judge people by there looks.

On that note, our high schools valedictorian over dosed and died first year in collage.  The kids the rebel the most or often the one's controlled the most.

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Velk Kerang wrote:

School is not about just class room learning, it's all so about learning social interaction.  The fashion show can be an importation part of that, and all so for developing self identity, sadly more and more schools are just truing into sheep factory's, or in the the case of Harvard exceptional sheep factory's. 

In high school I had a Mohawk, hung out with crazy looking kids, never drank or did drugs.  My brother was student council president, dressed and hung out with normal looking kids, and drank so much he blacked out most weekends in high school.  The biggest lesson I got from this growing up was to never judge people by there looks.

On that note, our high schools valedictorian over dosed and died first year in collage.  The kids the rebel the most or often the one's controlled the most.

That's cold tick. Shrewd very shrewd. lmao Anyway Lexia I'd have to disagree with you. Here is the reality of it. School is about learning first and foremost. Social interaction is a bonus not a requirment. Kids have and get more then enough and plenty of social interaction with out school when they hang out, but I do agree that learning social interaction is a VERY important part of life. The way I do with my kids is I explain to them school is the prelude of what it will be like to go out and get a job. When your at school it's time for show buisness not show friends. Dress and act acordingly. You want to dress to express I can relate hey Poppa was a rolling stone once. lol Biker jacket, motorcycle, and rock and roll baby. So if you want to dress to express then EARN it. That's the rock bottom line to it. Like I even tell my boys you like hanging out with the girls shaking that money maker? Then EARN it. Because in THIS country you don't get the girl by being broke. You get a free bed in a homeless shelder.

Is this my 'Welcome back!' thread?

I can't speak for all Canadian men but I can attest to the fact that some of them are quite put off by most Canadian/North American women, their attitudes, and prefer European and Asian women. Generally speaking of course.

ZoeTick wrote:

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

In high school I had a Mohawk, hung out with crazy looking kids, never drank or did drugs,

FIFY!  and obviously didn't listen in English class.

Actually I made $ in English class, My teachers submitted several of my stories, and speaches to contests, and they came back with a grade, and a pay check.  How's that for monkey grunts :)   I still make $ from writing in SL today, but  I coulden't care less about spelling, typos, or grammer in the forums, or chat. 

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

In high school I had a Mohawk, hung out with crazy looking kids, never drank or did drugs,

Actually I made $ in English class, My teachers submitted several of my stories, and speaches to contests, and they came back with a grade, and a pay check.  How's that for monkey grunts
   I still make $ from writing in SL today, but  I
coulden't care less
about spelling, typos, or grammer in the forums, or chat. 

I think it is pretty obvious to all that you have little concern for the English language.

I love the idea of you writing "speaches".

Velk Kerang wrote:

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Velk Kerang wrote:

Like I even tell my boys you like hanging out with the girls shaking that money maker? Then EARN it. Because in THIS country you don't get the girl by being broke. You get a free bed in a homeless shelder.

by the way not all women have price tags on them, in THIS country.

ZoeTick wrote:

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Actually I made $ in English class, My teachers submitted several of my stories, and speaches to contests, and they came back with a grade, and a pay check.  How's that for monkey grunts
   I still make $ from writing in SL today, but  I
coulden't care less
about spelling, typos, or grammer in the forums, or chat. 

I think it is pretty obvious to all that you have little concern for your audience.

I love the idea of you writing "speaches".

FIFY

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Velk Kerang wrote:

Lexia Moonstone wrote:

Velk Kerang wrote:

Like I even tell my boys you like hanging out with the girls shaking that money maker? Then EARN it. Because in THIS country you don't get the girl by being broke. You get a free bed in a homeless shelder.

by the way not all women have price tags on them, in THIS country.

Obviously not brains because anyone with half of one would have known exactly what I meant. Your behind eats don't ya? You like a warm bed and a roof over your head don't ya? You like your bills paid don't ya? Most women who actually have a real man expect him to handle the little things like doing his part to provide. Maybe when you GROW UP you will understand that's how LIFE works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.