FIFTY PLACES TO SEE BEFORE SL CLOSES DOWN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Given the news about the SS Galaxy disappearing, I thought it might be a public service to initiate a thread requesting suggestions for places in SL that everybody should see before the plug gets pulled.

Warning: any shameless self-promotion will not only be RICked to a co-operative mod, but will be shunned by those who might see this as beneficial.

I would like to propose the Mont St Michel build.

Unless La Merveille has quietly gone its way without me noticing.

ZoeTick wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Titanic
:)

That place doesn't have Celine DIon playing in the background does it?

Just checking.

Never when I've been there - thankfully - but if you really really want it, I suppose you can play your own url in a separate web page *chortles*.

So many places...I'd been gone for over two years so I've been re-visiting some of my favorites from years past  and I'm pleased to see that many of them are still there.

I was at http://slurl.com/secondlife/ACC%20Alpha/36/14/26 (House of ACCentaury) yesterday and it is still amazing. Be sure to take the unicycle ride.

Some of the areas near the Linden subdivisions have neat features: the 'catch a fairy' game near the hobbity one, the Cape Ekim Dragon near the contemporary one, and the Temple of the Mole Gods (and free rickshaw ride) near Shareta Osumai.

Caledon still has many lovely regions, and the 'how to' exhibits at Oxbridge are quite good.

Yadni's Junkyard and the giant bears, of course.

Linden Realms has a certain fascination.

Torley's island, of course.

If you have a premium membership the Magellan Quest covers some nice territory. I especially like the wilderness area.

This is all I can think of right now. I need to check and find out if the Robot Sanitarium is still open.

places come and go. I love BrynOh's exhibits but the aren't up for forever. One of the lovely things about Sl, it's always changing.

One thing though, I REALLY don't see SL closing any time soon. My housemate scripts for one of the beta testers and it seems they are going more the Hi Fidelity model where you'll be hosting you own domain rather than purchasing/renting land from LL. Hence why our inventories won't be transferring since it's unlikely they will be sharing a common inventory server, at least at first. They are just barely in beta so we might see it open to even look at in 18 months, maybe, and more like 3 years before it opens. When it does, there won't be much there. I know I might look around, but as long as SL remains profitable, it's not going anywhere. It really gets old with people carrying on like SL will be closing up the minute the new platform opens...not going to happen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.