Best AOs

Kristie Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hadn't updated my AO since the Oracul Pure Lady, so this week I tried a few new ones from Oracul (the AX-001) and Tuty's (Brooklyn and Shy girl).  I was pretty disappointed.  The new Oracul includes a ton of "stands" that actually involve your AVI walking around (sometimes quite far from your original spot) and the Tuty's just don't look that good.

What is a good AO for a female AV?  I actually wouldn't mind something kind of sensual (Vista AOs, which are all quite expensive, seem to emphasize that they are elegant and lady-like, and that's probably not for me).

I'd prefer one that had stands that don't involve too much walking around and was compatible (at least mostly) with Lolas mesh breasts.

Thanks!

I use Vista, and I can assure you that while MANY of them are elegant/ladylike, they have at least one or two that are not as much so. 

Try Sensual Woman, Urban Sexy (Chick, I think, maybe Chic or Chica, don't remember and I just logged out), and Chicaboom. Chicaboom is outright sexual, while Sensual and Urban are slightly more understated, with Sensual being the most reserved in my opinion. They're all sexy/sensual, although you're right, they are quite expensive. While they DO have some walking-around poses, you can turn those off by pressing the icon that looks like a floppy disk, and choosing one of the sets there. (Vista AO, I think, is usually the one that uses all stands; the names of the other sets vary by the AO. You may have to experiment to find the best set for you. Alternately, there's nothing that says you can't make a copy, then remove any stands/walks, etc, you dislike.)

They're not techinically compatible with Lolas, but many of the stands are. Depends on the AO.

Depending how many poses you want, you can typically find an empty AO HUD, or use one you already have and empty it of poses, and purchase individual poses you like to load into the empty HUD. Many users create their own AO's by doing this, and if you don't need the many, many options including in many AO's, you can save some money that way.

I used to like Gaeline, although I do remember them having some more "animated" poses. They're much cheaper than Vista, from what I remember.

I agree with Ariel's recommendation to find a handful of animations (stands, walks, etc) you like and load them up into either a free HUD or, if you use Firestorm, into their built-in AO feature.  Vista packages come with many options you may not wish to use or use very rarely. 

Customizing your AO will ensure that you have the animations that work best for your avatar.  You can purchase animations individually and then, once loaded, can be confident that how you move is unique and suits you.

Akeyo has an AO (GianaWild) for enhanced shapes.

Despite having some Akeyo AOs I mostly just use selected anims from Oracul AOs.. like I think X-Star walks or maybe Basically Woman.. and stands from another, I bought a few. Took the animations out and added them to the Firestorm AO for each set and then customised the set I wanted. With the Firestorm Ao it is just drag and drop to do, no fiddling with notecards and if you decide you don't like one just delete it.

I use a variety of freebie and cheap AOs, all mixed together, and I'm pretty happy with that. I'm one of those people that wants to be able to stand around for an hour and not see the same animation twice. I'm sure the quality goes up with some of the more expensive animations and AOs, but I've been pretty happy with what I've found so far. I'm never going to find the variety of customization in a single AO that I've been able to put together.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.