How's your make up?

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love love the new tattoo layer makeups!  Though not sure the skin designers feel the same way.  I now buy mostly neutral skins...just one skin where before I might buy a few to have different makeups.  Now use the new tattoo layers to change makeup to suit my outfit or occasion.  Not all makeups fit the way I would like on every skin so have collected a huge assortment from lipstick only, eyes makeups only, and full face, that I can flip through until find the perfect one.

valerie Inshan wrote:

I love your natural look Anny! You look so very sweet! As you, I don't wear make up in RL . In SL, I like playing with the different possibilities. I sometimes wear a very "nude make-up" skin which matches best my casual outfits.

Thank you Valerie :smileyhappy:

In the past 4 years i've had a few other skins, also ones with soft make-up. But i didn't feel very comfy wearing "make-up" skins and i think this one suits me best and the look is close to my "real" self.

And your avi also looks really nice :smileyhappy:

I generally only go with a natural look when the look I'm going for really calls for it, which isn't that often as it can look really out of place on a dark skin like mine.

How's my makeup? It's custom.. currently I have 53 varieties, plus various blushes, blush masks, freckle masks, tone filters, and highlight/contrast masks for my Curio skin, and all are handpainted and found nowhere else on the grid.

DANA-Profile065_384x256-1.jpg

This one is the Bean Lily base, with highlight filter, medium blush filter, combo2 dark shadow, dark corner liner, system eyelash alpha map, and medium berry lip shader.

Dana Hickman wrote:

I generally only go with a natural look when the look I'm going for really calls for it, which isn't that often as it can look really out of place on a dark skin like mine.

How's
my
makeup? It's custom.. currently I have 53 varieties, plus various blushes, blush masks, freckle masks, tone filters, and highlight/contrast masks for my Curio skin, and all are handpainted and found nowhere else on the grid.

DANA-Profile065_384x256-1.jpg

This one is the Bean Lily base, with highlight filter, medium blush filter, combo2 dark shadow, dark corner liner, system eyelash alpha map, and medium berry lip shader.

You look lovely Dana. You made a very elaborated and sophisticated work. I wish I couldplay with new tattoo layers as I guess you did in your case, but I'm stuck to Snowglobe untill I get a new Mac, lol.

Anyway, you look gorgeous!

valerie Inshan wrote:

You look lovely Dana. You made a very elaborated and sophisticated work. I wish I couldplay with new tattoo layers as I guess you did in your case, but I'm stuck to Snowglobe untill I get a new Mac, lol.

Anyway, you look gorgeous!

Thank you :smileyhappy: You look gorgeous as well! I really love the shape of the lips on your skin.. they have a nice pouty but sophisticated air about them that really add a lot. Yes, tons of photoshop layers that translate into a ton of uploads for each unique tattoo layer combo.. it's crazy lol.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Do you like wearing make-up or do you prefer a natural look?

Snapshot_006.jpg

Hi Valerie. I guess I need more help than I thought after not being in-world save for two or three times in the past year and a half or so.

I hear everyone talking about tattoo layers and new hair styles that have roots drawn in and such (from the kissing thread I think), and I realize that I have no idea what anyone is talking about and so don't know how to shop anymore because none of these things existed when I was running through stores like a madwoman and a lot of the places I used to buy from are no longer around.

I have tattoos,and I wear them pretty much all of the time. Mine are on a clothing layer, as they had to be before. Are you saying there's a special layer just for tattoos now? What do I have to do to use that? Do I need to update something or can I just put my same tattoo objects on a different layer? Do I need a new avi model or viewer for this?

Is there a thread that talks about these changes that you know of?

Oh, and in the interest of not hijacking the thread, I am pretty pale in RL and so I do use makeup, but most of it is light and soft jut to add a little more color as bright colors really stand out on me. Since the main version of my avie's skin is close to my own, I do the same there too. I use some light blues and reds/roses for eye shadow and a little blush if anything, or I do my favorite and go with charcoal or other dark coloring for accenting, and more neutral looks without blush. I'll post more pics of what I mean from my other computer later :womanhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.