Mesh Heads?

ceremel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wanting to use a mesh head to get rid of the HUGE crease/wrinkle under my nose/around my mouth?

But I can't find any mesh heads in the marketplace.. Help!

I use the Doll skins and the Slink Physique mesh body :c

You could just change your windlight settings...It would be cheaper.

Try this for instructions on how. I use Nam's Optimal Skin 2. 

The downside is that others will still see you with the deep creases, unless they have also changed their environment/windlight settings. The upside is that if they see you that way, they see EVERYONE that way, so you look no better or worse than they and everyone else do on their viewer. 

If you're absolutely set on a mesh head, though, try LeLutka (new, but skin appliers should be hitting the markets pretty soon); TMP (The Mesh Project); Snow Rabbit; Fiore; and Slink. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I'm familiar with.

Mesh head you will find in shops, if you only have slink physique, try maybe Fiore mesh head, also The mesh project TMP, fits ok, if you get maitreya body, you can then try the Lelutka mesh heads, they are very pretty, check blogs and try demos everywhere, I do not agree with people that says all will look same, to tell you the truth if all people using mesh heads look same is just due to them being lazy not to try and make a different look

I have all mesh heads and bodies that come out, and it is fun to mix them up all designers make most skin appliers so it is easy to find a look you like, good luck in your hunt

Well Drake, I must say that the years I have looked at SL avatars on Flickr, they are not as different. A Glam Affair skin looks like Glam Affair, a Pink Fuel like Pink Fuel, and so on. Very many skins look almost the same. Because few, if any, changes to a big nose, thin lips, very close eyes and so on. The trend is "mainstream beauty". It is not all that special for men either. I can spot a Redgrave, The Shops or an Aeros almost no matter how they change the shape.

So wearing a mesh head is not like the avatars look more alike now then they did before. When a new skin is released, all post the same skin and look almost the same.

The Physique heads really change from skinmaker to skinmaker! 

All faces look gorgeous from the front and in "Nams skin and prim" or similar windlight settings. But the profile is really not pretty. This is photographed in "Nams skin and prim" so the default head to the left is almost as good as it can be. I did not push up the graphics to max, this is possible to look for all who can use medium to high graphics and basic shaders. You can see the mesh lashes to the right start to loose LOD detail.

nose collage 2.jpg

And the lashes is built in, no need to mess with them. It's released many makeups already and more to come. Both heads use Glam Affair Europa with blonde brows.

This is the downer, you have to forget all your old makeups and buy all new. This is the LeLutka head "Ever" to the right, and the eyebrows can be changed in 5 colors and no brows. When there is other makeups made, I can wear a totally different brow, I can change head depth and length. I can wear lipsticks that change the mouh shape slightly. It is possible to change hairbase, eyebrows, eyemakeup and lips. After the first weeks, it will be cheaper makeups released.

So it is worth it for me, to get a bettter profile. I like pouts too. This head is compatible to Maitreya and Slink body. Some has posted that they fit it to the default avatar... I don't know, it is demos so it is possible to see before you buy.

I have to agree, I have been using a mesh head from Logo and I really love it. I have not seen avatars around that looks like me. There are so many options to make it your own. My only issue is with skin matching. I think it will be impossible to have an applier for every single brand out there, but man I wish I could have an applier that goes with my head and body. Hopefully Logo will consider making a Maitreya applier soon (I asked already). Mesh heads for the future! ♥♥♥

Well, All of SL's general heads look exactly the same, I mean. Same facial creases, The only differences are that some peoples eyes are bigger or some peoples lips are bigger but they all look exactly the same, Men too.

The mesh heads really stand out when I see them

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

You really don't see any facial differences on Flickr? I see so many different facial shapes, it is amazing. You can easily pick out the mesh heads though. They all have almost exactly the same shape.

I have yet to have anyone guess what skin i wear correctly.

I'm with Drake1 on this one though my reasons might be different.

The reason so many avatars "look the same" is because so many people go in for the exact same "blond in the early 20s" look...

Once you break out of that limited ethnic demographic, there is a huge variety in looks for people using system heads. Just look at the avatars of people on this forum - scrub mentally past all the blonds and look at everyone else. Even among just caucasians there is a wide variety.

But with mesh heads there will be zero variety in shape. All you have then is skins.

And yeah - with many skin brands there is very little variety if you limit yourself to the same small end of the tonal range - and it is true that a very large number of people in SL, go with a tone commonly found among people of viking ancestry. :)

So even if a given brand has 8 tones, and 7 of them are caucasian variations, with the 8th a "Jersey Shore tan"... most of these blonds stick to the lightest 2 tones...

So yes, there may be a lot of similarity and clone armies out there...

With a Mesh head, you lose all ability even within that 'viking look' to have distinguishment apart from your fellow vikings.

I'd think, if I had an avatar of that ethnicity, the LAST thing I would want is a mesh head. I'd want access to my shape slider to at least have SOME difference between me and the rest of the crowd.

But then for someone who's avatar is not even caucasian - its a no brainer. There isn't even a mesh head out there for people who have non-caucasian avatars. Most of the mesh heads though, are not only just caucasian, they appear to all be from Celtic to Russian - the far northern ends of Caucasian heritage.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.