More Marketplace changes

Zhoie Zimermann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see once again LL has changed the features in marketplace for the ??? time in the last month or so. Each time they make a change sales take a dive into the toilet and the economy suffers. Wish they would make up their minds, don't they realize people make a RL living from this game and it's not just for fun for a lot of people. I knew as soon as I saw their message that marketplace would be down for software upgrade that I would wake up to no sales the following day, and sure enough....i was 100% right.

Once again I've lost the browsers sales because the default search has reverted to only general. First it was only general, then they chaned it to general and moderate, now back to general again. For a company that affects so many people's rl income they fail to think out their decisions before they do them, obviously. 

For a world that has always centred mostly around adult products it's such a joy (not) to see default searches catering to non adult products. I don't know why i continue to complain about this, i should just start my own rl business like i keep saying I am going to do and leave behind running a business under the control of people that can't make up their minds from one day to the next of which every decision affects how much money I have in my pocket that day.

Lyra Blackthorne wrote:

They also more than doubled the cost for enhancements!  Soooo not worth it

Really? No way. Which ones/by how much? They weren't worth how much they were before, I can't imagine LL would increase the price of them without a MAJOR effectiveness increase, because you might make one or two sales off them usually. lmao

I went to take a look and I did not see that prices had increased today.  Perhaps the poster was referring to a previous increase.  L$2899 for 1 month in the home page, right?  That's still the price.

Annnnd, what Porky said as to the effective reporting. :) 

Sorry Brooke!  Not to be a bummer, but we need it.

Wow, didn't know about the enhancement going up. I used to buy enhancements every week before the new marketplace came. I only bought one after the new marketplace because I discovered that once you hit that last right arrow there are not anymore featured items until you either refresh the page by touching refresh or you click on a new item which brings up a new page. In the old marketplace you could scroll through the featured items right till the end if you wanted, without refreshing the page. Some people might not even know there are more items unless they do this!

I had paid a lot of money for my ad and it took FOREVER for me to find my enhancement ad after about a million new page refreshes. In the mean time of searching for my ad, I saw many ads come up 3, 4 times, while mine had not come up at all yet. I never bought another one after that. 

Off topic but a couple weeks ago someone flagged one of my 100 % PG items, which took it off the listed items, and put it into unlisted. Unbelieveable. It was flagged for not being mature/adult, whatever. There were no naughty words, and it was only removed 1x so I assume it was a mistake

Zhoie Zimermann wrote:

Off topic but a couple weeks ago someone flagged one of my 100 % PG items, which took it off the listed items, and put it into unlisted. Unbelieveable. It was flagged for not being mature/adult, whatever. It's amazing how anyone can flag an item, right or wrong, and it will be removed. Letting residents police other resident's products is totally wrong. 

Zhoie,

If a human flags your products then another human, an LL employee, must review and determine if the flag is correct or not. However if you used one of the Super Secret Naughty Words (which we are not allowed to know or even guess at) then the automatic Maturity Cop Bot will detect it once a week and automatically unlist it .. without human review.

If you're absolutely sure no human would look at your product (Name, Descriptions, Keywords, Features) and call it "Mature or Adult" then it's a reasonable bet that the Bot did it instead. However they HAVE manually unlisted some things for reasons that pretty much defy logic, so it's not a guaranteed bet.

Zhoie Zimermann wrote:

Off topic but a couple weeks ago someone flagged one of my 100 % PG items, which took it off the listed items, and put it into unlisted. Unbelieveable. It was flagged for not being mature/adult, whatever. It's amazing how anyone can flag an item, right or wrong, and it will be removed. Letting residents police other resident's products is totally wrong. 

When someone flags an item, it is not removed. It is sitting on the marketplace to be seen by LL's flag moderators. Only after the flag moderator has judged your item is not allowed in the PG part of the marketplace it is put to unlisted. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.