I can't rebake my avi & the 'imported library clothing' folder is missing. HELP

Aleirah Larnia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok. So I cleared my cache earlier today, but I was lagging so badly that I think I may have also clicked the 'clear inventory cache' button (not sure exactly what it does??). Anyway when I logged back in my avatar wouldn't load and I tried ctrl+alt+r which just made her prim items show and her skin looked like a newbie. So I checked worn items and it shows that she is wearing a shape called 'RuthHairFix' (no idea what it is). So my friend was telling me about the advance tab+character+test female which should set you back to a newbie avatar and you start adding your normal stuff slowly to rebuild. Well everytime I would hit test female it would say 'could not put on outfit. Outfit folder contains no clothing, bodyparts or attachments'....ive uninstalled and reinstalled viewer 2, beta viewer, and phoenix....same issue with all. Then I realised that in my clothing folder the 'imported library clothing' folder is not there! Which would explain why I can not do the character test. So now that you have all the background info....does anyone know how I can get a new 'imported library clothing' folder so I can fix my avatar?? Please help!!!! 

Thanks 

-Alei

8 answers to this question

Aleirah Larnia wrote:

Well everytime I would hit test female it would say 'could not put on outfit. Outfit folder contains no clothing, bodyparts or attachments'....ive uninstalled and reinstalled viewer 2, beta viewer, and phoenix....same issue with all.

Sounds like you have conflicting caches. When you install more than one viewer, make sure they do not share the same  folder destination. I use a separate drive to alleviate those cache issues.

Start back from square one.  If you clicked the Clear Inventory cache button, you must log into a quiet sim and wait for your inventory to reload ENTIRELY before you do ANYTHING else.  Do not move around, do not open a browser.  Let your inventory fully load.  Once that has finished, your folders should be there.  You can do the Advanced > Character > Character Test for the gender of your avatar. 

I've tried that over 6 times and everytime I do it tells me... "can not put on outfit. Outfit folder contains no clothing, body parts or attachments." (which would be the 'imported library folder' i believe) which is missing from my inventory. ive waited 15 minutes sometimes before i do anything and that folder is still not there. I need to know if there is a way i can get a new folder with all that stuff in it?

It really might not be conflicting cache. Fresh PC install, fresh second life install and problems with freezing screen as inventory downloaded. I Deleted the folders associated with SL (it's main visable folder and also the hidden .secondlife folder that is present on linux OS based installs) and used the older viewer...still slow and had a hard time walking to basically not moving at all.

The fix? Delete the folder with SL in it, and then delete the .secondlife folder and simply install 1.23. I was doing laps in no time, seriously though I might be wrong but this seems to be inventory issue and sounds similar. When it first happened (following mesh beta veiwer try out) I figured it was just the conflict. But, waiting for inventory to load helped the first time around. This time...I can't wait several hours and see only 46 items and no more loading!!!! I can access everything fine from 1.23, so I figure it is an issue with the new inventory server stuff. I could be wrong, but I can't spend my time trying again until I get some things done. 1.23 helped me get stuff done, helped me simple MOVE to pay rent etc. Sad, but the new viewer was getting good frame rates on a decrepid GPU I tried it on and was surprised with it.

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base) & a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

Frist, when you are using more then one viewer, you can still have problems you described if you didn't manually set different cache folders, its not enough to have different install paths (they will all use same hiden application cache folders). Second, create new folder for your clothes and make bare new, empty skin shape and clothes, wear them, perhaps relog and try again. Hope this helps, enjoy! :)

Try this, enable the advanced menu and turn on debug settings.

type noinventorylibrary, check it isn't set to true, if it is  the system library will be hidden and may have been set by another viewer which makes it easy to turn the system library on or off.  I know that's a menu option in Kirstens and when using the starlight skin for V2.

Other than that, TP to a quiet sim, Aqua for example, logout. clear cach from outside of Secondlife by browsing to your Secondlife folder of your hard drive, on win 7 this would be c:\Users\your user name\appdata\local\Secondlife and delting the files from there.

On logging in again this will force a download of the server cache to your computer in case something got corrupted. Give it time and wait for all objects to download. then see if your missing items are available.

*huggs*

Mondy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.