Banning RedZone from Residential land?

Ofelia Laval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use redzone and it has worked very well for me , im fine with not seeing alts , but if every one has a problem with a 3rd party running it why dnt we all ask LL to make it where if we ban some one on our regular sim ban lists that it effectivly bans all that persons alts( certinly LL would have no false positives) how would u feel about that? and just so u guys know when i ban u from my sim its just my sim it dnt ban u from all redzones sims unless u have copybot software in wich u deserve to be banned by everyone

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. For what it's worth, we have now banned RedZone from all of our 38 sims. There was an interesting disclosure about other malicious capabilities of RedZone brought to light over the weekend for those of you still considering a ban: http://alphavilleherald.com/2011/03/zf-redzone-security-breached-sl-passwords-compromised.html

Kind regards,

Ofelia Laval

OT Rentals

• 5 months later...

Hi there can you help me I was banned from a store i didn't know why and I tried to fined out and now I was told that it is because I for 1 year ago got a QHUD from some one and if I wants to go back to that store then I have to buy the so called original QHUD it costs 1800 linden it is a lot of money, I think it can't be true that I need to buy some thing I never will use just to enter a land. What can I do ?     I don't know what a QHUD is.

Marina Oxygen wrote:

Hi there can you help me I was banned from a store i didn't know why and I tried to fined out and now I was told that it is because I for 1 year ago got a QHUD from some one and if I wants to go back to that store then I have to buy the so called original QHUD it costs 1800 linden it is a lot of money, I think it can't be true that I need to buy some thing I never will use just to enter a land. What can I do ?     I don't know what a QHUD is.

Is there some reason you decided to post a 5 month old thread instead of just starting your own?

As for being banned from anywhere in SL, no there is nothing you can do about it, the landowner pays the bills & can allow  (or not) whoever they want on their land, They don`t have to give you a reason or even have a reason to ban you, access to other people`s land is a privilege not a right.

I'm guessing the "Q" in "QHUD" is for "Quantum".  Some such devices have pretty elaborate DRM (which often fails, but that's a story for a different thread because it's very likely you did in fact receive an illegal copy).

Frankly, anywhere that bans you for not having any particular device (even a free combat meter) is nowhere worth going anyway.  I realize that may not be how it feels.  Not yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.