The Ladies who Lunch Club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess it wasn't an official 'SLadies' function but it was fun seeing a lot of you at Gypsy's gig last night. I hope someone got a picture of Lillie in her Maid du Jour outfit.:smileyhappy:

I need to remember to stop pervcamming and start actually taking snapshots, especially when Quinn's not there.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I missed it! I was trying to get caught up on some work last night and do our taxes. But I made absolutely NO headway because those guys on Twitter kept distracting me with their tweets and luring me into the conversation! By the time they all left to go inworld and catch Gypsy's gig, I was still left with a pile of work to attend to. I blame Dee, Lillie, Ima, Nat, and Suspiria for making me miss Gypsy's gig. :(

ETA: Is this new? I just typed : ( (but without the space in the middle) and when I posted it autocorrected to the sad smiley. Yay!

LIA!!!!! Lia, Lia, Lia!!!!! Welcome back to the forum, it's about #@$%@ time you showed yourself around here!!!

I have been thinking about you and was thisclose to dropping you an IM inworld to let you know you've been missed. You must have been reading my mind, because now here you are!

True story: I just got home from work and was heading back toward the bedroom to change when I saw your name appear in my email (in my phone) for this thread. I stopped in my tracks, grinned big, and made a beeline for the computer to respond.

How was the move, btw? All settled now?

PS: Did I mention, WELCOME BACK!!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Lia Abbot wrote:

I know of a lady who
launches
.  Would she qualify?

Absolutely she would, long as she didn't get all testy if we forget the 'Your Majesty' bit now and then. And I too am pleased to see you here. I'd forgotten you were moving (or 'moving house', as you lot* say) just as the old forum closed. I mentioned you in a thread about signatures; you make three that I know of whose sigs were all or partly derived from something we heard from Maddy:smileyhappy:

*UK colloquialism 'you lot' courtesy of a convo with Mags the other day

DQ Darwin wrote:

Lillie did slip into her maid outfit to the delight of all. lol:)

Ahem, someone has to dust the street light every now and then.  You know how guys are, I was sneezing the rest of the night.  *aaaaachhhoooooooooooo* 

We always have fun on nights like these.  Those who couldn't make it were missed of course, but as nutty as we all are, something crazy will happen again soon.  :D

Hugs!

Lillie

Hiya Quinn! I missed you all too, but my priorities have been somewhat changed recently. The house is great, but needs a lot of cosmetic work. Our bedroom was floor to ceiling wood panelling. Whoever installed it did what some installers do and put a date on it. I'm not telling you what the date was, but it was exactly eleven days after two guys called Neil and Buzz took a stroll a long way from here! Now it's gone, the walls are painted, the floors laid and the next project looms.

Thank you for the kind words Quinn, it's nice to know I was missed.

Huggggggs.

DQ Darwin wrote:

Lia that's great, we all know how hectic it can be. Now the fun part making it your home. I actually enjoy that part the best. I was thinking 73 with the panelling
:)

You're 4 years out, but close enough for government work. Yes, after 10 years in rented accommodation it is so cool to demolish ugly things and replace them.

BTW anyone know why the posts are not hitting my e-mail? It seems to be set up, but nothings coming through. Any advice gratefullty accepted.

Lia Abbot wrote:

Hiya Quinn! I missed you all too, but my priorities have been somewhat changed recently. The house is great, but needs a lot of cosmetic work. Our bedroom was floor to ceiling wood panelling. Whoever installed it did what some installers do and put a date on it. I'm not telling you what the date was, but it was exactly eleven days after two guys called Neil and Buzz took a stroll a long way from here! Now it's gone, the walls are painted, the floors laid and the next project looms.

Thank you for the kind words Quinn, it's nice to know I was missed.

Huggggggs.

/me whispers, "That was before I was born," then flees!

Hugs to you too, Lia. It really is good to see you back here. I hope we'll see a bit more of you now.

Lia Abbot wrote:

BTW anyone know why the posts are not hitting my e-mail? It seems to be set up, but nothings coming through. Any advice gratefullty accepted.

My Settings --> Subscriptions & Bookmarks --> Options

Make sure "Automatically subscribe to topics/posts" is checked, then set the options on the rest of the page to your preferences.

You can also subscribe to individual threads. At the top of the thread above the first post select Topic Options --> Subscribe

OR, when you are replying to a thread, check the "Email me when someone replies" box on the right side of the page. This should be checked by default if you set it globally under My Settings, otherwise you can just remember to check it individually for threads you reply to that you want to continue to follow.

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Lia,  I apologize, I thought I had written welcome back to you on my last post, but apprently I lost my train of thought.  So,

Welcome back!! :smileyvery-happy:

No need to apologise Lillie, and thank you. I feel like I'm among friends here, and that matters a lot.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alas, we have once again witnessed an attack on free speech. A resourceful investigative journalist, one S----- R-----, had released a report on a previously unannounced meeting of the Righteous Indignation Committee. The RIC, as it's commonly called, claimed to be investigating the supposed domination of the Forums by the Ladies Who Lunch.

As if.

Sometime in the dead of night the Committee retaliated. Ms R------'s notebooks and computers were confiscated, the internet site containing her revelations was taken down, and the meeting room was closed to all but Committee members.

When asked for comment regarding these events, the co-founder of LWL (D - D-----) merely shrugged, said, "That's about what you'd expect from that buncha RICs", and went back to doing her nails.

I urge my fellow group members to join me in an expression of support and appreciation for Ms R----- and for investigative journalists everywhere. Well done, and best of luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.