Why is ToS not letting me Login?

Akira Kestrel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Everytime I click "Login" the new ToS box appears... but wait... heres the funny part. The box is completely blank... all it shows is Cancle, Continue, and the little box you click to accept the ToS. Here's the other funny part. The only thing I can click is Cancle.

I've checked all over this website for help. People say I need to download Viewer 1.23 ... I can't because it's no longer available for download.

I want to know something... with something as big as Second Life with all of it's users... WHY DOESN'T THEIR NEW STUFF WORK?

So please... What do I do so I can Login?

8 answers to this question

I think some of the other viewers might work out, but to be honest I simply logged in at a different time once and it seemed to work....I think. Othewise, I used Snowglobe. Snowglobe was a 1.23(or was it 1.24?) based viewer. So yeah, the link above might help BUT it seemed to work once fo rme after I logged back in again at a different time.

It will do this to you when you hit beta grid as well, so you might want to quickly log in there in order to clear it with the viewer that works for you.I mean, that is if you intend to not use the viewer and uninstall/delete it to gain back some space on your hard drive. You might not even use beta grid (Aditi) so, maybe ignore this bit lol. ;)

Hi Akira,

The idea is to download 1.23.5 and once you've accepted the TOS on it, you can uninstall it.  There is no need to uninstall the newer viewer during this procedure and once the TOS is accepted it is valid for all SL viewers. This is an unfortunate bug that happens to some people but it's easily solved if a little annoying.

Here is the download link for 1.23.5

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Old_versions

Nyll

I want to know something... with something as big as Second Life with all of it's users... WHY DOESN'T THEIR NEW STUFF WORK? You sort of answered your own question there, the reason that stuff doesn`t work for everyone all the time, is because SL is so big and there are so many users with so many different variations of computers and connections from so many different countries. Nyll is correct about how to get around the TOS thing, just accept it on viewer 1.23 and then go back to using your viewer of choice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.