Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

Parhelion Palou wrote:

Good morning! The trees seem to know a storm is coming; they've dropped most of their leaves in the last few days. It's better for the leaves to drop than the trees, but that ends the autumn colors. Here's some color for anyone stuck in a stormy gray day today. (Sorry for the avatar stuck in the middle ... I didn't expect to post this one.)

Autumn 2012 5.jpg

Morning Parhelion.  Be safe in the storm.  Great picture.  I miss the fall colors here in Florida.  We don't get that here.  I remember the colors in Michigan though.  Glorious!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Good morning Hippie, Par, Maddy and all! I came across that picture today and I think I know now where LL got their inspiration for Linden homes. :smileyvery-happy: Hugs to all!

ba0c66d4-1dbb-11e2-bd13-0f92b70e9270-800x532.jpg

Morning Val!  Oh that looks like my meadowbrook neighborhood!  HEHEH!  Have a great day!

Peace!

Take very good care of yourself and of your loved ones, Par. Thinking of you and hope for the best. Hang on there. Geez, I even received an email from your president:

"Valerie --

This is a serious storm, but we are going to do what it takes to keep people safe and secure, and make sure the communities affected get the assistance they need. FEMA is working with state and local governments to respond effectively. We all owe a debt of thanks to the first responders who will be dealing with the immediate impact of the storm. 

If you live in the storm's path, please listen to state and local authorities about where and how to take shelter and stay safe -- and encourage your friends and family to do the same. If you are asked to evacuate, please take that seriously. 

For more information on how to prepare for this storm, visit Ready.gov.

And if you'd like to find out how to support relief efforts where they're needed most, please visit the Red Cross or your local relief organization:

http://my.barackobama.com/Red-Cross

Michelle and I are keeping everyone in the affected areas in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe. 

Barack"

/me wonders why I am on his list, I'm not even American, lol. 

Hippie Bowman wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Can't have a brand new iMac in RL? Bummer, here's my revenge in SL.
:P

mac.jpg

YAY Val!  I have never had a Mac.  I hear they are great!  OH!  Post
6000!  Woot!

Love ya my friends at the comfy fire!

Peace ☮

WOOHOO!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! But you are already 6002, LOL!!!! LOVE YA! :heart:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Take very good care of yourself and of your loved ones, Par. Thinking of you and hope for the best. Hang on there. Geez, I even received an email from your president:

"Valerie --

This is a serious storm, but we are going to do what it takes to keep people safe and secure, and make sure the communities affected get the assistance they need. FEMA is working with state and local governments to respond effectively. We all owe a debt of thanks to the first responders who will be dealing with the immediate impact of the storm. 

If you live in the storm's path, please listen to state and local authorities about where and how to take shelter and stay safe -- and encourage your friends and family to do the same. If you are asked to evacuate, please take that seriously. 

For more information on how to prepare for this storm, visit

And if you'd like to find out how to support relief efforts where they're needed most, please visit the Red Cross or your local relief organization:

Michelle and I are keeping everyone in the affected areas in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe. 

Barack"

/me wonders why I am on his list, I'm not even American, lol. 

Perhaps the US government expects the hurricane to change direction and cross the Atlantic. That's what they get for running their weather models on Windows 8. :matte-motes-wink:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I need to get my paws on that iMac in SL. It looks a lot like what I sit down to in RL everyday. Now if I can just find a cheap IKEA desk to go with it...

Don't think I've ever posted in this thread (or don't remember when I last did).

/wave.

Hey ya Pussycat!  I want one too!  Sigh!  Oh yes!  Welcome to the Comfy fire!  Makes yourself at home!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I need to get my paws on that iMac in SL. It looks a lot like what I sit down to in RL everyday. Now if I can just find a cheap IKEA desk to go with it...

Don't think I've ever posted in this thread (or don't remember when I last did).

/wave. 

Hey ya Pussycat!  I want one too!  Sigh!  Oh yes!  Welcome to the Comfy fire!  Makes yourself at home!

Peace!

Welcome aboard, Pussycat!

Hi, Hippie and Val!

Par lost his power last night, so I don't expect we'll hear from him today.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

/wave.

For your paws only Pussycat! :D

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Multi-Media-Imac-Inspired-Computer-With-TV-Radio/1729869

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Par lost his power last night, so I don't expect we'll hear from him today.

Hi Maddy! Yes, I just watched the news on TV. It doesn't seem the power is going to be back very fast... I've also heard about a wind alert in western Wisconsin, I hope you'll stay safe: a mushroom hunt seems a bad idea for now. Hugs you!!!

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

It's not terribly windy here, but there are wind and wave advisories out for Lake Michigan. I'm gonna go for a walk on the beach in a few minutes. If you don't hear from me within a few days, start watching for me to wash ashore near Normandy.

Maddy, I'd love to have you in France but I don't think Omaha or Juno beaches are the best places to be washed up... I love you too much, plus my hair dryer just died yesterday. Lit a fireplace and stay home. :heart: