Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

The weekend would have been better if that Super Bowl thing had happened earlier in the day, draining the market of patrons so I could shop in peace and quiet. Instead the aisles were filled with people buying excessive amounts of unhealthy food.

But that's all behind me now and I've a shiny new Monday here to enjoy. And that's because I'm not like some of us...

Happy Pique of the Week, Kids!!!

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Wednesday is almost over, Thursday is right around the corner and that means Friday is almost here.

YAY!!!

I am thinking about calling in sick for the rest of the year just to catch up on my sleep.  Wake me after the elections!

Rhonda, while I'm inclined to agree with your solution to this up and coming year of election gobbledygook and the like it is hardly a proper devotional deprivation for the religious based Lenten Season which is borrowed from nature's observed “Spring Season” — where the days lengthen and new life springs forth.

I jealously want your company this year and officially resist your "Sick all Year" note written on brown paper bag and clearly signed by a left handed friend of yours and not your mother.

For those of us who are religious in nature, It is a time in which we anticipate the victory of the light and life of Christ over the darkness of sin and death. It is, to borrow a phrase from C.S. Lewis, a season of a kind of “happiness and wonder that makes you serious.”

Indeed!

So whether you are religious, or a naturalist or a dog, This is a lovely allegorical time of year to reflect on the circle of life in general and the importance of the ebbs and tides of existence and our place in it all.

Might I suggest for you the task of getting 8 hours of sleep a night for each of the days from now to Sunday, March 27th with an optional extra hour of snoozing time to reflect on all the wonderful contributions your new found and well rested self will make in our august community once you have awakened.

....or select option number 2) where we'll just poke you with a stick once Spring arrives in earnest.

P.S. Please attach a note to your body stating you are hibernating until Spring arrives if you opt for the latter.

I BEG TO DIFFER....

from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cute

cute 

adjective \ˈkyut\

Simple Definition of cute

Popularity: Top 40% of words
  • : having a pleasing and usually youthful appearance

• : attractive in a sexual way

• : clever in an appealing way

Full Definition of cute

cut·ercut·est

1. 1 a :  clever or shrewd often in an underhanded manner  b :  impertinent, smart-alecky <don't get cute with me>

2. 2 :  attractive or pretty especially in a childish, youthful, or delicate way

3. 3 :  obviously straining for effect

cute·ly adverb
cute·ness noun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I believe that we are cute for all the reasons cited and then some! However, the second definition in the simple list does create a bit of a moral or ethical dilemma...