My account has L$ -1

Ipquarx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I just logged into second life for the first time in YEARS. Like, at least 4 years. And I see that my account has literally less than no money in it... I can't even buy free stuff off the market. Please help? :matte-motes-mad:

EDIT: I have not joined any groups. I made this account so long ago and I think I played it once for a few minutes then never touched it again because my computer couldn't run it at all. I'm wanting to get into it now but I can't get anything because my balance is negative and I never did anything to make it be that way. How do I get my balance back to L$ 0?

5 answers to this question

My guess is that you have been a member of one or more groups that expect members to pay a share of group liabilities (costs for posting events, advertizing rentals, etc.) .  For most groups, especially those with more than a handful of members, that amounts to pennies a year.  Normally, you could take a look at your Transaction History (on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account) to see what's been charged within the past month.  Any charges older than 32 days will have been erased, however, so you won't be able to look back over years of group liability payments. The good news is that Linden Lab won't let those liabilities amount to more than a few L$.  That's why they gradually ate up your balance but didn't go below L$-1.

• Like 1

No groups?  No land?  No places shown in Search?  No classified ads?

If none of those are possibilities, there is a small chance that someone got access to your account.  Change your password, and don't leave "remember my password" checked on the login screen.

If you think your account may have been compromised then see here for more information:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

Oh...and how to get back to $L0...call Billing, at one of these numbers.  Or just buy some $L.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

Ask a friend if they'll give you $1 L? It's not an astronomical amount, so I don't think they'll mind. If you don't have any friends in SL (you said you weren't on long enough to do much), you can invest a couple of RL dollars into making a small purchase of $L. I believe the smallest amount you can buy is $2.50 USD worth.

• Like 1

Ipquarx wrote:

So I just logged into second life for the first time in YEARS. Like, at least 4 years. And I see that my account has literally less than no money in it... I can't even buy free stuff off the market. Please help? :matte-motes-mad:

EDIT: I have not joined any groups. I made this account so long ago and I think I played it once for a few minutes then never touched it again because my computer couldn't run it at all. I'm wanting to get into it now but I can't get anything because my balance is negative and I never did anything to make it be that way. How do I get my balance back to L$ 0?

L$ -1 is used as a placeholder in some viewers when the viewer can't get an accurate number for your Linden balance for some reason. Your actual Linden balance will be the one you see in your Account Dashboard on the web site.

• Like 1

Hi

if you have no payment with lindens labs.

there are lots of free shops, in game, and you find them using the SL search. ( control and F )

at some free shop you find lucky chairs, some allow you to win cash just by sitting on them, once your first letter of your avatar name is showing.

or search for lucky chairs, to win cash.

you do not need cash to play them, they are free to use, but normally you have to be a group member.

enjoy SL

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.