Why do my gestures unequip them selves when i clean the cache ?

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Splatulated wrote:

Kelley Wonder wrote:

nothing about why gestures un equip and i use singularity not firestorm

Why do you clear your cache anyways? There are very rare occasions when you actually need to clear the cache.

This applies to all viewers.

Please do read carefully this section (thoroughly) in the above link:

Clearing Cache: The DOs and DON'Ts

Be picky about why and when you clear your cache. Clearing cache doesn't fix everything. In fact, it doesn't fix nearly as many problems as many people seem to think. And doing it when it's unnecessary has its drawbacks, including slower initial rez times and excess bandwidth being pulled, which can create sim lag. “Clear your cache” is something we'll recommend ONLY if the problem appears to be cache-related: that is, pertaining to textures or, once in a while, inventory. A full cache is almost always better than an empty one. Here is a basic “DO” list:

When to clear your cache:
  • When textures are not rezzing properly, you may choose to clear your texture cache.
  • When your inventory is not loading fully, you may choose to clear your inventory cache.
  • When you toggle the HTTP Get Textures setting in your viewer, texture cache needs to be cleared.
  • A cache clear is part of performing a clean install.

Note that often, only part of your cache needs to be cleared. While you can clear your full cache by clicking the button in Preferences, it is not hard to perform the needed part of the cache clear manually. You can find your cache folder by going to Preferences and then Network & Cache in Firestorm. Click the “Open” button alongside the path to your cache files location. In there you'll see some files ending with .inv.gz – these are your inventory cache files – and a folder containing your texture cache. More information is here for Firestorm.

When NOT to clear your cache:

Don't clear cache as a matter of routine maintenance. If there isn't something actually wrong with your cache, then this does nothing beneficial.

Don't clear it for problems unrelated to the cache. It won't help for:

• teleport issues
  • asset upload issues
  • movement or communication problems
  • most kinds of lag
  • most kinds of crashes
  • a vast majority of bake fails

Sassy Romano wrote:

Gesturbator!

40 gestures? Seriously, do everyone around you a favor and leave them off, try communicating instead.

I am convinced that habitual public gesturbation can lead to temporary and eventually permanent gesture dysfunction. I'm sure they make a pill for that...or an app. They have an app for everything these days.

Coby Foden wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Kelley Wonder wrote:

Why do you clear your cache anyways? There are very rare occasions when you actually need to clear the cache.

Please do read carefully this section (thoroughly) in the above link:

Clearing Cache: The DOs and DON'Ts

Be picky about why and when you clear your cache. Clearing cache doesn't fix everything. In fact, it doesn't fix nearly as many problems as many people seem to think. And doing it when it's unnecessary has its drawbacks, including slower initial rez times and excess bandwidth being pulled, which can create sim lag. “Clear your cache” is something we'll recommend ONLY if the problem appears to be cache-related: that is, pertaining to textures or, once in a while, inventory. A full cache is almost always better than an empty one. Here is a basic “DO” list:

When to clear your cache:
  • When textures are not rezzing properly, you may choose to clear your texture cache.
  • When your inventory is not loading fully, you may choose to clear your inventory cache.
  • When you toggle the HTTP Get Textures setting in your viewer, texture cache needs to be cleared.
  • A cache clear is part of performing a

Note that often, only part of your cache needs to be cleared. While you can clear your full cache by clicking the button in Preferences, it is not hard to perform the needed part of the cache clear manually. You can find your cache folder by going to Preferences and then Network & Cache in Firestorm. Click the “Open” button alongside the path to your cache files location. In there you'll see some files ending with .inv.gz – these are your inventory cache files – and a folder containing your texture cache. More information is
for Firestorm.

When NOT to clear your cache:

Don't clear cache as a matter of routine maintenance. If there isn't something actually wrong with your cache, then this does nothing beneficial.

Don't clear it for problems unrelated to the cache. It won't help for:
  • teleport issues
  • asset upload issues
  • movement or communication problems
  • most kinds of
  • most kinds of
  • a vast majority of

i clear my cache when i break my avvy and its torso appears where its legs should be 

this happens most often when i switch between my child avvy and my adult avvy a few times with in a couple of minutes 

but some times it could happen hours apart 

Splatulated wrote:

i clear my cache when i break my avvy and its torso appears where its legs should be 

this happens most often when i switch between my child avvy and my adult avvy a few times with in a couple of minutes 

You could easily be causing yourself more problems than you need to by clearing your cache so often. It's really not even remotely necessary in this situation. All you need to do is use an undeformer(though they are also sometimes called deformers). This happens when your shape is distorted to fit a specific size, like for example when switching from a small avatar to a larger one. Often times, the small avatars use a deformer that makes your shape deform to fit the avatar parts properly. 

Clearing your cache constantly is a bad idea. If you're doing this frequently, you could very easily screw more things up than you fix. I am also guessing you do a clear cache from the preferences menu and not an actual complete cache clear, manually, on your pc. I'm guessing this because it's a little bit more complicated than clicking the clear cache button. When you don't do a complete clearing of your cache, you could easily be leaving behind bits and pieces that are compromised/messed up/whatever term you want to use. Don't clear your cache so often, especially not for a shape deformation, it's not necessary. And if someone DID tell you it's necessary, they are giving you terrible advice, I wouldn't follow it, personally.

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

You could easily be causing yourself more problems than you need to by clearing your cache so often. It's really not even remotely necessary in this situation. All you need to do is use an undeformer(though they are also sometimes called deformers). This happens when your shape is distorted to fit a specific size, like for example when switching from a small avatar to a larger one. Often times, the small avatars use a deformer that makes your shape deform to fit the avatar parts properly. 

Clearing your cache constantly is a bad idea. If you're doing this frequently, you could very easily screw more things up than you fix. I am also guessing you do a clear cache from the preferences menu and not an actual complete cache clear, manually, on your pc. I'm guessing this because it's a little bit more complicated than clicking the clear cache button. When you don't do a complete clearing of your cache, you could easily be leaving behind bits and pieces that are compromised/messed up/whatever term you want to use. Don't clear your cache so often, especially not for a shape deformation, it's not necessary. And if someone DID tell you it's necessary, they are giving you terrible advice, I wouldn't follow it, personally.

would the deformer spell packed in with ultima hud 3 be worth getting ?

Splatulated wrote:

Not likely, those are typically used to deform other people, or even yourself, but it's not what you're looking for, and there's not much use in paying for it in the first place. If you're having a hard time using the "stop all animations" to fix deformations, try either of these..(free, and none are mine, or created by folks I know, ftr..just sharing some info)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lindatool-undeformer-HUD/2126730?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Stop-animations-Undeformer/3517231

The second requires you to be able to rez, the first is a hud.

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Not likely, those are typically used to deform other people, or even yourself, but it's not what you're looking for, and there's not much use in paying for it in the first place. If you're having a hard time using the "stop all animations" to fix deformations, try either of these..(free, and none are mine, or created by folks I know, ftr..just sharing some info)

The second requires you to be able to rez, the first is a hud.

oh yay free ones ^-^ thought would cost me a lot and i was planning to get a boat and ultima hud 3 and drain my L$ to 0

Coby Foden wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Kelley Wonder wrote:

I agree. I was advised recently to clear my cache for a partial bake fail. Normally removing & rewearing a layer fixes it, but for once it didn't. When I replied that clearing cache probably wasn't the best fix, the 'helpful' person got very huffy. Clearing cache *always* worked for her! I think a lot of people have tried it and it has worked purely because it has forced them to relog, and that's often enough to fix most problems.

Prior to server side baking there were times when removing everything worn and relogging several times repeating above steps didn't work for me and ultimately clearing the cache did. I haven't had the problem since ssb but I would as a last resort advise trying clearing the cache before reinstalling the viewer.

When I was playing with a petite avi the standard advice was to use an undeformer, but not once did it solve the problem. Simply logging put and back in again always fixed it for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.