any magic or magic huds that will work with "SPD" boats

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Coby Foden wrote:

There are boats (such as pirate boats) which will get damage and will sink at cannon fire. You won't need any magic HUDs for that.

but that boring 

i want toss a fire ball in there to help sink a ship or a shield to protect my own 

EDITED because omg what did i type D:

Coby Foden wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

i want toss a fir ball in there to help sink a sink or ship a shield to protect my own 

But that's cheating! Your boat should not be protected by shields like Starship Enterprise. No.

well not the entire ship but the part around captain wheeler thing ?

and is has be ways make it balanced ? only allowed sue boats with like 3 hps or less ? and spells do as much damage as cannon ball but look cooler or more damage and take longer to get to target ?

Perrie Juran wrote:

fir ball.jpg

Splatulated wrote:

i want toss a fir ball in there to help sink a sink or ship a shield to protect my own 

ewww  gross

thanks for that drawing and making aware of what i wrote D:  i want to fix it but it just soo funny not too im fix it or try to

Splatulated wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

But that's cheating! Your boat should not be protected by shields like Starship Enterprise. No.

and is has be ways make it balanced ? only allowed sue boats with like 3 hps or less ? and spells do as much damage as cannon ball but look cooler or more damage and take longer to get to target ?

Generally you have to join a group to be included in sea battles.    Most RP groups probably won't allow you to use spells.  You need to ask before you use them.  If you want to battle other ships you have to follow the rules of the group or risk being booted and banned.

If you don't join a RP group and just sail around attacking random ships then you will probably get AR'd.  Combat has to be mutally agreed upon.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Generally you have to join a group to be included in sea battles.    Most RP groups probably won't allow you to use spells.  You need to ask before you use them.  If you want to battle other ships you have to follow the rules of the group or risk being booted and banned.

If you don't join a RP group and just sail around attacking random ships then you will probably get AR'd.  Combat has to be mutally agreed upon.

whats point of pirating if you has to go about and diplomatically ask if they can be pirated ?? 

Splatulated wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

whats point of pirating if you has to go about and diplomatically ask if they can be pirated ?? 

Pirates actually had a quite ordered society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_code

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

The code is more like what you'd call guidelines, than actual rules.

You had to know someone would do that. TY for the straight line.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Go ahead -- tell a pirate, "Oh, your rules? Well I think they're just guidelines." I'm sure you'd get a response pretty quickly.

Splatulated wrote: whats point of pirating if you has to go about and diplomatically ask if they can be pirated ?? 

Regardless, it's the only way. There's no actual “pirating” in SL, not in that sense: the system just isn't made for it, for more technical reasons than are worth mentioning, so either you roleplay it with consenting individuals, and with their rules and ways... or you don't do it.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Go ahead -- tell a pirate, "Oh, your rules? Well
I
think they're just guidelines." I'm sure you'd get a response pretty quickly.

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.