Problems with Visa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else had a problem making payments last couple of days?

I added the same Visa card I was using before and it is accepting payments now, but the details would be eactly the same so it seems very strange.

Kinda curious if it is just me and also letting others know that if they are having the same problem re-entering the card details they were using successfully before might allow the payments to go through.

Paypal..Works so much better thna cards I find.

I set my paypal up right to my bank, but can set it up to a card as well.

If the payment doesn't go through immediately paypal will still let you get the goods, and try a couple more times before issues happen

I don't trust paypal. Every time I have used it they have messed me around taking more money out of my bank than I have asked. Ialso know people they have taken money from and then blacklisted them. From prior threads on here the paypal service in the Usa seems very different from the one they provide in europe. l will only use them as a last resort.

Aethelwine wrote:

I don't trust paypal. Every time I have used it they have messed me around taking more money out of my bank than I have asked. Ialso know people they have taken money from and then blacklisted them. From prior threads on here the paypal service in the Usa seems very different from the one they provide in europe. l will only use them as a last resort.

I can't comment on the issues you have had with PayPal because I have not had those problems, I am also not familiar with any other countries limitations on the use of PayPal or their policies with PayPal. The only thing I can say is that if PayPal is used as a source to purchase Lindens and not as a one time payment option for market place it should work. The blacklist I believe from one of the threads you are referring to was in regards to purchasing "certain" items. I am not sure why that happened as PayPal is used on shopping sites that offer everything.

edit to rectify a blank post from hitting enter too fast

Atma Constantine wrote:

Aethelwine wrote:

I can't comment on the issues you have had with PayPal because I have not had those problems, I am also not familiar with any other countries limitations on the use of PayPal or their policies with PayPal. The only thing I can say is that if PayPal is used as a source to purchase Lindens and not as a one time payment option for market place it should work. The blacklist I believe from one of the threads you are referring to was in regards to purchasing "certain" items. I am not sure why that happened as PayPal is used on shopping sites that offer everything.

The people I know blacklisted with credit agencies haven't complained on the forums.as their problems predate and are unrelated to secondlife, except in that in one case the loss of exchanges stopped her making money for anything other than clothes shopping, where before she ran a business a full sim and cashed out.

Aethelwine wrote:

Atma Constantine wrote:

Aethelwine wrote:

The people I know blacklisted with credit agencies haven't complained on the forums.as their problems predate and are unrelated to secondlife, except in that in one case the loss of exchanges stopped her making money for anything other than clothes shopping, where before she ran a business a full sim and cashed out.

My apologies, I didn't know they were blacklisted from credit agencies, from the post and the way I read it didn't mention anything about credit agencies. Hopefully you won't have any other issues with the card you are using again. I have never used a bank card or credit card for sl so i am not sure how they process that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.