What's a reasonable rate for transferring L$ >> US$ to cover fees? (^_^)

Imnotgoing Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new to sim ownership and I have early plans to rent parcels out for homes and stores.  Part of my intent is to have the rent cover part of the monthly fee in US$ so I plan on setting aside L$ to be sold on the lindex to be used in the US$ balance of my account.  (^_^)

The thing is, I've never chashed out anything before.  So, I'm not quite clear on what's reasonable.  (>_<)

The exchange comission fee is a percentage, right?  That said, two sales of L$5000 would lead to the same fee charge as one sale of L$10000? (O.o)

If so, is there a reasonable or required minimum? (o.O)

Or... At what point does the comission fee get rounded the most cheaply? =^-^=

Yes, I ~am~ being a greedy moneygrabbing pennypincher. (^_^)y

6 answers to this question

I base my calculations on 261/$1 + 3.5%, but it is rare I don't manage to get 259/$1. Do factor in that 259 can sometimes take a day or two to sell, at other times it can be a few hours. 260 nearly always sells in a few hours, if not quicker.

The speed varies a lot depending on the day you sell, the time of the month, and which way the wind is blowing in Alaska at the time you place your order.

If you can manage to keep enough US$ in your account to cover tier then aim at 259/$1 because you won't need to worry about the length of time it takes. (Think of it a bit like a till float in a shop)

Also look at doing weekly or fortnightly tier payments and not monthly, you make more that way.

eg $1,000 a week does not equal $4,000 a month. (it actually equals 1000 * 52 / 12 or $4,333 a month) It's not much more I know but as you grow your rentals it can start to add up (it's basically an extra month each year in tier payments to you without needing to pay LL that month)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.