Sign in to follow this  
Imnotgoing Sideways

What's a reasonable rate for transferring L$ >> US$ to cover fees? (^_^)

Question

6 answers to this question

Lindal.Kidd wrote:

typical sell rate is $265L/dollar.

Buf, in authorized sites a typical sell rate in euros is 315L$/1€ + 16%VAT

I didn't know there was much difference between US$ and €

I wouldn't buy anything from wherever you got that rate from .

1€ = $1.36US

LindeX limit buy rate of L$268/$1 would correspond to L$364/1€.

---

If they're offering a lowly L$315/1€ *and* additionally take 16% VAT then they have quite a profitable little "scam" going on...

I base my calculations on 261/$1 + 3.5%, but it is rare I don't manage to get 259/$1. Do factor in that 259 can sometimes take a day or two to sell, at other times it can be a few hours. 260 nearly always sells in a few hours, if not quicker.

The speed varies a lot depending on the day you sell, the time of the month, and which way the wind is blowing in Alaska at the time you place your order.

If you can manage to keep enough US$ in your account to cover tier then aim at 259/$1 because you won't need to worry about the length of time it takes. (Think of it a bit like a till float in a shop)

Also look at doing weekly or fortnightly tier payments and not monthly, you make more that way.

eg $1,000 a week does not equal $4,000 a month. (it actually equals 1000 * 52 / 12 or $4,333 a month) It's not much more I know but as you grow your rentals it can start to add up (it's basically an extra month each year in tier payments to you without needing to pay LL that month)