Is it illegal too

Coldpaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Coldpaws wrote:

<snip>

....the thing is
he
was not handing out LM's
he
was just asking what people thought of
his
work outfit, which a friend made for
him
, and
he
got banned.....

<snip>

"......for example people wearing a
certian skirt
, saying hey all, to people there, asking people if they like their outfit......"

</snip>

Was
he
wearing a
kilt
?

Good lord I hope it wasn't one of mine...

Coldpaws wrote:

We go to where he is and the sim owner that just banned him comes to where we are, and DEMANDS us to come back to his sim, and we are all asking him why, when our friend got banned for no reason,

Yeah if someone came to me and DEMANDED I go to their sim I'd be like... "aRe yoU nUts Or iS it JuST mE wOnDEriNg hERe?"

I guess I'd be like if they just demanded too. :P

Frankly I hesitate anytime I land anywhere with a ban list that has a scrollbar. To a given venue owner: if you'd had to ban more than 5 people - maybe its you.

Orange Dress 04

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

I have quite a collection of kilts in my inventory...

Some men can rock a skirt, btw.

:smileytongue:

That is soooooooooo true!

And yes I do know there are many men who like to hide their prize under a skirt.  ;)

I think SL users haven't gone far enough.

I think they should replicate RL into SL as much as they can. We already have people concerned with privacy/intrusion, land rights, taxes, fees and market levies, lets regulate everything.

Let's tax, fine, regulate, punish, and ban SL'ers when they break these replicated rules in SL.

After all, who wouldn't want to replicate RL in SL? Cuz thats why we come to SL right? So we can live by RL statutes?

That way everyone can be just as antisocial, detached and selfish as they are in RL.

Man I do have fun from time to time 'trespassing' on people's 'property', doing nothing but stand there, or help myself to a virtual sandwich from their virtual fridge, and watch them rage or ban me, for absolutely no hostile act in what is supposed to be a SOCIAL environment.

Social means sharing, caring, and community - and involves respect and appreciation for the dignity and person space of others.

Part of a community, part of a social dynamic, is recognizing the boundaries of person space.

Social does not mean me, me, me - it all serves me, as the poseter above I seems to think.

Nor does the appropriate response to the need to respect others need to be extreme and blown way out of proportion.

entity0x wrote:

I think they should replicate RL into SL as much as they can. We already have people concerned with privacy/intrusion, land rights, taxes, fees and market levies, lets regulate everything.

Let's tax, fine, regulate, punish, and ban SL'ers when they break these replicated rules in SL.

After all, who wouldn't want to replicate RL in SL? Cuz thats why we come to SL right? So we can live by RL statutes?

That way everyone can be just as antisocial, detached and selfish as they are in RL.

Man I do have fun from time to time 'trespassing' on people's 'property', doing nothing but stand there, or help myself to a virtual sandwich from their virtual fridge, and watch them rage or ban me, for absolutely no hostile act in what is supposed to be a SOCIAL environment.

Privacy is not an entirely RL issue. Even in SL, people sometimes want a bit of space free from intrusion. They might be changing clothes, bumping uglies, or just working on something that needs a little concentration. They don't want random strangers flying in and ogling/disrupting/ogling and disrupting their activities.

If I want to be social, I go to an obvious social venue. SL is not short of clubs, hangouts, malls, and public sex-rooms. My home is isolated, private and hard to find by accident. If someone gets there, I've either invited them or they've deliberately sought it out (probably by tracking my dot on the map). The unauthorised visitors often get a straight ban, because if I'm there, I'm there for some privacy. If I wanted to chat, I'd be somewhere else.

Whether we like it or not there are fees, taxes and levies in SL. We didn't ask for them - they are LL's condition for owning a piece of land. One of the rights for paying them is the choice of how that land is used. Some people want visitors, so they put up a club, a dancehall or a coffee shop. You are allowed, welcome and, in fact, wanted at these places. Don't be surprised if there are other places where your presense is not appreciated.

Kelli May wrote:

entity0x wrote:

Privacy is not an entirely RL issue. Even in SL, people sometimes want a bit of space free from intrusion. They might be changing clothes, bumping uglies, or just working on something that needs a little concentration. They don't want random strangers flying in and ogling/disrupting/ogling and disrupting their activities.

If I want to be social, I go to an obvious social venue. SL is not short of clubs, hangouts, malls, and public sex-rooms. My home is isolated, private and hard to find by accident. If someone gets there, I've either invited them or they've deliberately sought it out (probably by tracking my dot on the map). The unauthorised visitors often get a straight ban, because if I'm there, I'm there for some privacy. If I wanted to chat, I'd be somewhere else.

Whether we like it or not there
are
fees, taxes and levies in SL. We didn't ask for them - they are LL's condition for owning a piece of land. One of the rights for paying them is the choice of how that land is used. Some people want visitors, so they put up a club, a dancehall or a coffee shop. You are allowed, welcome and, in fact,
wanted
at these places. Don't be surprised if there are other places where your presense is not appreciated.

Even if we didn't pay for our spaces in SL, if LL just gave them to us for free, it would be up to LL to decide if we were entitled to "privacy."

And the fact of the matter is that LL makes the rules here.  And one of those rules is that I have a right to decide who can and can not access my parcel.

Social norms say that you 'knock before you walk into someone's house.'  Walk into my house univited and I will probably ask you to leave.  And if you don't leave, my next step will be to call the cops and I will do it with a smile on my face.  Don't like it?  Tough. 

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.