Henmations webconfigure pages

Jillam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have Henmations dance hud and dance ball but I cant use them. When I go to the configure page its not there. They are useless unless I can configure them. Does anyone know why the pages are down? I did contact customer support and Im waiting for a response. I thought maybe someone here would give me an answer faster. 

Thanks

I've been using their dance hud for a few months now..   I'm very disappointed with them.

About 2 weeks ago my dance hud quit working all together.   I would click the button to choose a playlist.. but the playlists menu wouldn't pop up so I could actually choose a playlist.

I figured it was just lag or something but it did this for a whole week so I just said screw it and went with a hud from someone else. 

Good luck.

Its not lag as I suspected at first. There is something wrong with the pages. I have had the problem about the same time as you. I will find out the problem and let you know. The hud and ball are good. The worked well until this problem. dont give up. keep them until i add to this post with more info.

I just spent 4500 lindens on one of their dance huds, and it worked for just a couple days before going down....

I am in the same boat as you. I can not bring up the dialogue box to select a playlist, nor can I get their website to load. And the website has been down for many days now.

I too would like some sort of explanation...their in world store still seems to be running and busy, they should not be allowed to contiune to profit on peddling broken merchandise.

• Like 1

I myself have the the same problem. Then I happened to see the Market Place page with the hud and read the reviews, One of the most viable reasons that I read was the Henmations server went down. Then i tried to access the web-configure page myself and the error message I got was the server for this page is down. Now, when it comes back online??, well thats anyones guess because i have yet to receive any response from its creator after numerous attempts 

This HUD has been having such problems since long, long ago; their servers may have been down recently, but they actually never worked very well; when I bought it, I thought it was a cool idea to use external webpages for a more visual & flexible setup of dances. Huge mistake. The idea in itself may have merit as long as the servers employed are reliable and the webpage well programmed... but this was definitely not the case with Henmations: the webpage wouldn't even load at all in two of the three popular browsers I use (Firefox, Chrome and IE), and even in the one that did work, it was extremely slow and unreliable, throwing error after error... and one had to pray that all the dances loaded on the HUD actually appeared on the list.

I did contact Henmations' customer support, apparently back in the day when they still bothered with it at all; their response was vague, to say the least, and the only whiff of a practical solution they offered is a future fix that, of course, never ever materialized; quite the contrary, looking at all the complaints.

So I switched to another, notecard-based dance HUD; cumbersome it may be, and requiring slightly better technical SL skills, but at least it does work.

Well this is not good news. It seems that he has let his web hosting service expire. He used to use a Wordpress hosting site - © 2011 HENMATIONS is proudly powered by WordPress | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS)

The domain name is still recorded to him but his contact emails are useless without a supporting hosting service.  This of course applies to the needed hosting for the database server that controls the HUD operations.  Hendrik Schroeder's Facebook account is still in operation and he last posted to it on December 20, 2013 but his latest post on his twitter account was in March of 2013.

I left a message with his Online/Offline Support Service by using the Wayback Machine to find it.

His Regions [2] are still operational on the SL Grid and his store [MarketPlace & in-World] is as well. If his regions go inactive then we know something has happened to him or his interest in providing this product for various Virtual Worlds has waned. He sells his technology on  a number of alternative Virtual World Grids.

Does anyone in Germany wish to call him?

His WHOIS information is as follows:

# Whois Server PSI-USA

Domain Name: henmations.com
Registry Domain ID: 1509094344_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.psi-usa.info
Registrar URL: http://www.psi-usa.info
Updated Date: 2014-03-10T19:27:18Z
Creation Date: 2008-07-18T08:44:43Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-07-18T08:44:44Z
Registrar: PSI-USA, Inc. dba Domain Robot
Registrar IANA ID: 151
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domain-abuse@psi-usa.info
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +49.94159559482
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Hendrik Selle
Registrant Organization: Henmations
Registrant Street: Tellbusch 5
Registrant City: Muenster
Registrant State/Province: NRW
Registrant Postal Code: 48163
Registrant Country: DE
Registrant Phone: +49.2514199960
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +49.2514199960
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: schroeder@henmations.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Hendrik Selle
Admin Organization: Henmations
Admin Street: Tellbusch 5
Admin City: Muenster
Admin State/Province: NRW
Admin Postal Code: 48163
Admin Country: DE
Admin Phone: +49.2514199960
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +49.2514199960
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: schroeder@henmations.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Hendrik Selle
Tech Organization: Henmations
Tech Street: Tellbusch 5
Tech City: Muenster
Tech State/Province: NRW
Tech Postal Code: 48163
Tech Country: DE
Tech Phone: +49.2514199960
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +49.2514199960
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: schroeder@henmations.com
Name Server: nsa9.schlundtech.de
Name Server: nsb9.schlundtech.de
Name Server: nsc9.schlundtech.de
Name Server: nsd9.schlundtech.de
DNSSEC: Unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-03-18T03:21:41Z <<<

Thanks for everyones reply and thier investigating the problem. We spent a fair amount of money for the hubs and Control balls. We should get some kind of answer from henmations. I dont see how someone can still be allowed to sell items that will not work. I hope Linden Labs looks into it and lets you know what they find Sam4more. Please let us all know when you hear back from them.

Thank you all.

Well I did get a response from LL support.

Basically they told me to bring this up directly with the store owner....which I have already been trying to do. This store owner is MIA, and we are left as victims with no recourse.

Welcome to Second Liiiiiiife.

The platform operates on a 'Buyer Beware' policy (see here and scroll to the bottom) - this means that the buyer assumes all the risk when placing the purchase (LL do not provide any guarantee of delivery, support, quality, function, etc). Henmations, as a reasonably 'large' business in SL, should be concerned for their reputation - this is the only 'guarantee' that anyone provides within Second Life.

Support for products can be removed at any time - if your product needs to 'phone home' to a server that you don't own, you will lose that functionality once the server goes offline (statistical certainty of this happening eventually). This is normal operation, if you want guaranteed support you must build it yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

We at DMC - DarkMoon Creations sold his Dance Machine in commission for a while, but realised pretty quickly that it makes no sense and returned his things from our store a few months ago now. Since then he hasn't been online.

IMs stay unanswered for several months as he never comes online. Even skype messages are being ignored. When he then finally does come online you get told 'I am fully back now', but next day he is offline again and stays offline for several months; has happened a few times in a row now. For a few things we had to wait over a year for him to do it.

Support requests stay unanswered, problems won't get solved, promises aren't kept, issues won't get fixed.

Except for his couples dances which we sell in our store we won't do any more business with him as we only want reliable things for our customers.

If you look for a reliable dance machine, seriously, get yourself the Intan Couple Dance Ball. The new v3 beta is out now as well which runs without any notecards and even supports use of furnitures and solo dances. 'Quality matters' lol

Jillam wrote:

I dont see how someone can still be allowed to sell items that will not work.

Oh that' part is easy.  Set up a store, then die in RL.  Yes it happens, I have known it happen here.

LL has no knowledge that someone is dead.  L$ just keeps going to an avatar account and if they're not premium, the account will run and run.

What I have suggested here before for Marketplace, is that the merchants last logged in date be shown with listings, then you'd know if you were buying from active merchant or one long since departed.  Similarly, that a merchant should be required to perform some positive action to keep alive their listings.

That's a bit harder to do inworld but paying tier would largely auto poof their items once tier stopped being paid.  Of course, they could be on extended leave and tier be tied to an active credit card so it could still be a while before things are finally killed off.

Anyway, i'm not suggesting this has happened to Hendrick but inactive merchants are an issue, it destroys trust in the commerce system for those who are active.

LL won't get involved but nor do they help alleviate the problem.

• Like 1

Well as of today both Henmations Islands are still active in the SL Grid.

The web page is back up as well... http://www.henmations.com/hp/

For those of you with non-operational products filing a negative review is the best public service you can perform. Other looking at the MarketPlace offerings will see these and be warned. Please keep them factual and minimize the hyperbole.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Jillam wrote:

I dont see how someone can still be allowed to sell items that will not work.

Oh that' part is easy.  Set up a store, then die in RL.  Yes it happens, I have known it happen here.

LL has no knowledge that someone is dead.  L$ just keeps going to an avatar account and if they're not premium, the account will run and run.

What I have suggested here before for Marketplace, is that the merchants last logged in date be shown with listings, then you'd know if you were buying from active merchant or one long since departed.  Similarly, that a merchant should be required to perform some positive action to keep alive their listings.

That's a bit harder to do inworld but paying tier would largely auto poof their items once tier stopped being paid.  Of course, they could be on extended leave and tier be tied to an active credit card so it could still be a while before things are finally killed off.

Anyway, i'm not suggesting this has happened to Hendrick but inactive merchants are an issue, it destroys trust in the commerce system for those who are active.

LL won't get involved but nor do they help alleviate the problem.

I love these suggestions....

I have henmations HUDs of nearly all versions, scattered across different avatars. I've not tried to use one of the web based ones in a long time. Recently used one of the menu ones and those still work.

That said I switched to Akeyo about a year ago because its a hybrid AO and dance HUD and just works better - but it doesn't do dance cards. It puts all your dances together so if you've got many different styles it can throw you onto the wrong one at times if you leave it on random. Even despite this I prefer Akeyo because its cheaper (700L for an empty HUD), less memory, and the AO side is amazing.

My initial desire to switch brands arose long before I found Akeyo - when versions 2.0 of Henmations came out and people on 1.0 were offered no upgrade, not even a discount.

• 1 month later...

c'est une HONTE de la part d'henmations

Pour mon par j'ai recommandé leurs HUD à beaucoup de mondes j'ai dû dépenser 10.000 ls en achetant leurs danses hud, j'ai toujours dit du bien d'eux aujourd'hui je suis en colère et je ne trouve pas son normal à se permettre de ramasser autant d'argent sur le dos gens qui ne sont pas aux courants que cela ne marche plus, et de voir qu'on puisse toujours acheter leurs HUD sur Marketplace et dans leurs lands ce que je ne supporte pas c'est surtout de ne pas avoir d'explication du pourquoi de la chose comment peut-on rester silence après avoir lu tous les commentaires mauvais et ne rien dire, pourquoi lindenlab NE FONTS RIEN pensant que ce n'ait pas leurs problèmes alors que ce sont eux les créateurs du jeu (donc plein pouvoir) pour ma par je n'irais plus chez eux je le repete encore HONTE A HENMATIONS HONTE AUX VOLEURS D'ARGENTS CAR POUR AVOIR DES LS FAUT PAYER avec sa carte bancaire il y a des gens qui bossent dans la vraie vie pour après passer du bon temps devants leur PC après une dure journée;(on n'a pas demandé de se faire escroquer)! Je ne vais pas m'excuser pour ce que pense si vous n'êtes pas content de ce que j'ai marqué j'e n'en ait rien à foutre c'est le même jambon pour tout le monde!! BYE

it is a SHAME from henmations

For my I recommended by HUD to their many worlds I had to spend 10,000 ls buying their dances hud, I always speak well of them today I'm angry and I do not think its normal to afford to collect as much money off people who are not currents that no longer works, and see that we can always buy HUD on their marketplace and their lands in what I can not stand it ' is especially not having an explanation of why the thing how can we remain silent after reading all the bad comments and say nothing , why LindenLab FONTS dO nOTHING thinking it has no problems when it is the creators of the game (ie full power ) for my by I do not go home I repeat again sHAME sHAME tO a HENMATIONS rAIDERS oF MONEY CAR tO GET LS MUST PAY with his credit card there are people who bossent in real life after spending quality time lead their PC after a hard day , ( we did not ask to be ripped off !) I will not apologize for thinking that if you're not happy with what I scored I e do not give a **bleep** is this ham is the same for everyone ! BYE

I echo everyone's experiences about spending allot of money (in my case, on the BUDDY HUD and a large dance pack) and it's become worthless. In my case, it began to function poorly as soon as I bought in May, 2013.

At the time I actually chatted with Hendrik a couple of times and he assured me the sporatic server problems would disappear and everything would be fine.

Since then I've send innumerable messages and notecards and not heard a peep. I've been using a freebie AO, hoping that the Henmations problems would be ironed out, but upon seeing the notes above and messages on his Facebook page am giving up.

Interesting I just visited the sim and it's up and working wonderfully with three people shopping!  I've decided to adopt the hobby of camping in the Henmations region and IM'ing everyone I see enter and recommending they research Henmations before they purchase anything.

Who makes a good combination AO/Dance HUD?

You can take all the animations you have in anything you bought from there, and just put them into a different HUD from somewhere else that is not web based.

Just edit your HUDs and grab out the animations.

I've long since replaced my web based HUDs from them. Still have the older pre-web ones on a few alts as those still function.

My preferred HUD is the Akeyo / Humanoid one - but there are many options out there.

- That's a VERY NICE combo AO/Dance hud. The blank one with no animations in it is about 700-800L. Some of the animations they sell are shockingly good too (but pricey) - very long motion captures. But except for one alt, I bought my animations elsewhere (for variety), and just get the Akeyo HUD to stuff everything into.

Their most expensive HUD was really about as pricey as a latte from Starbucks, so this is not a major crisis... Most people probably got more use out of the thing than they do from that single cup of coffee... Yes it sucks, and despite the low cost of SL goods it is still not fair when they break like this. But better to move on and lets your friends know to be careful about web-based ANYTHING.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I will put in a ticket today, this problem is just not acceptable and i think LL should stop all HENMATIONS activitys here. I have had to cancel all my Burlesque shows due to the fact that the hud does not work this has caused a loss of thousands of Lindens, and damages my  reputation.

If anyone knows of an alternative Professional Dance Hud please let me know, you are welcome to IM me in world.

• 3 months later...

I have filed an AR with Linden Labs.  They said to get a hold of Hendrik.  Problem is, he does *not* reply to any messages or notecards!  I asked for a refund through LL for the AO systems both my wife and I bought, and LL refuses to intervene.

Henmations has had major webconfigure issues for some time now, with no end in sight.  Now, their website lost its hosting; it is unuseable.  Linden Labs will do NOTHING about it, and allows this once respected brand to continue defrauding people of staggering amounts of Lindens.

I know I can take the animations out and put them into another AO, but I bought the AO to work, not have to spend another chunk of change on another decent-quality AO.  I liked Henmations and used them for years.  Now, I try and tell anyone I know to avoid them at all costs.

Sure, their animations work, but their AOs and other web-controlled items are dead in the water.  Maybe if enough people file AR's with Linden Labs, they will see the issue and suspend all Henmations activity!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.