Firestorm 4.6.1.40478 doesn`t start! Please help!

AliceHazel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I`ve tried to upgrade my current Firestorm from the Beta 4.5.1.38838 to the fresh released version Firestorm 4.6.1.40478  (Windows - SL & Opensim 64bit). The problem consist in the fact that after I uninstalled the old version (with deleteing the folders releated to it) and after I installed the new version, when I tried to open Firestorm, it appears this error:

Error Firestorm 4.6.1.40478.jpg

For anyone who doesn`t know my PC Hardware configuration (I`ve posted it in a previous post of mine), here it is: I mention I use an HP Pavilion g6 Notebook, Procesor Intel Core i3-2310M CPU 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM,  Intel HD Graphics Family 2838 Mb memory and  Radeon HD 6470M.

So, you say to use Dependency Walker to find the problem, but the problem is that this little program DOESN`T SCAN, I must MANUALLY select the .exe file. And after it founds the problem what should I do? because is cleary that this program doesn`t solve this error.

I will install the x32 Bit, till they fix the x64 Bit version, even if my PC is on x64 Bit not on x32.

Thank you for the reply anyway.

I`ve went to the http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999 (the microsoft link from the so called "solution" you gave), I`ve repaired both Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (the x64 and x86 ones), couldn`t install the ia64 one (is not supported by my PC). 

Guess what happened? Exactly, NOTHING.

You say this "If it`s dll then probly this

MSVCP100.dll is Missing"  well guess what? I don`t have that error ("The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing. Try reinstalling to fix this problem") as you can see, from the image, I posted, earlier!!!

And even if my MSVCP100.dll is really missing, why you don`t gave the EXACTLY download link to be able to download this file, instead of "repairing" my unbroken Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package???

nobody here is psychic, so you will need to read the instructions for dependency Walker and use it to identify the mismatched DLL. the error message provided by Firestorm is not enough to identify the DLL, that error code is only enough to say that it couldn't read one. because you are being so rude, you are on your own.

1. "Obvious" is really your name. I wasn`t rude (by calling you a doctor,lol). Sarcastic... yes, rude... nope.

2. "Nobody here is psychic [...]" Well, I wasn`t really, looking for people with psychic powers because I don`t want to speak with the dead ones, LOL... I only was looking for people like you, like me, like everyone else who use this wonderfull viewer called Firestorm (I`m not sarcastic here) and who downloaded the version I did today, who encountered the same problem I encountered myself and who (probably) found a solution to this stupid error but is cleary that you`re not that kind of person I mention of!!!

I don't know what might cause that problem for you. I installed the 64 bit version and it works fine for me.

Anyway, one thing to note: As you have only 4 GB of memory there is no advantage at all for you to install the 64 bit version. You would need 8 GB minimum to gain some advantage with 64 bit version.

Just install the 32 bit version and you're good to go.

Well I had to install msc whatever when I first used 64 bit FS last release. You don`t paste it in the FS folder you install it, theres a link to where to download on the weblink I posted.

Below are some issues that some people have run across during testing, and solutions or work-arounds.

"MSVCP100.dll is Missing" Error

If you get the error “The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing. Try reinstalling to fix this problem.” when starting the 64-bit version of Firestorm, you will need to install the package containing this file. Go to this page, download and install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions.

"Installation directory must be on a local hard drive"

Like Coby said you won`t notice the benefit of 64 bit with 4 gigs of ram anyway and insulting people who are trying to help you out isn`t the way to go.

Good luck sorting your problem out.

Well this is really a nice and clean answer! Thank you Coby (and Obvious, even thus downloading a program which I don`t understand anything and can`t solve my problem is preety much useless for me)!

I`ve downloaded the x32 Bit version and now my Firestorm works PERFECTLY! Thank you so much!!!

I really liked the x64 Bit one because the instalation window was really neat!!! And I want to notice something really strange... the previous Firestorm (Beta) version worked on x64 Bit on my PC, I wonder why the new one can`t work on x64 Bit?

1. I don`t think that file was really the solution to my problem. Because the error was still there after I put in the FS folder that file. And you can`t install a .dll file. Who told you, you can install such files? You can execute (install) only the .exe ones! And as I said, the link you provide here doesn`t give a valid download link to that .dll file it only redirects me to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update which is preety much useless for me, since I already have that package and it doesn`t need any repairs because it isn`t broken!!! So please, read carefully what I typed and please understand that. Again, the link you provided redirects me to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update not the MSVCP100.dll file!!!

2. I didn`t insulted anybody. I was sarcastic and a bit annoyed that your solution didn`t solved my problem.

3. I installed the x32 Bit and now FS works perfectly.

4. Since my problem isn`t MSVCP100.dll related, your solution can`t help me!

I think one important thing to note here is... AliceHazel isn't getting a "DLL is missing" error message, but an error message with a code. 0xc000007b.

I'm having this issue myself, and there hasn't been any solution yet. Like Alice, I was able to run the Alpha just fine, but the official x64 releases give me this trouble as well.

I've looked in System32 and SysWOW64, and both already have MSVCP100.dll in them. So I doubt the lack of said DLL is the problem.

Denizine wrote:

I think one important thing to note here is... AliceHazel isn't getting a "DLL is missing" error message, but an error message with a code. 0xc000007b.

I'm having this issue myself, and there hasn't been any solution yet. Like Alice, I was able to run the Alpha just fine, but the official x64 releases give me this trouble as well.

I've looked in System32 and SysWOW64, and both already have MSVCP100.dll in them. So I doubt the lack of said DLL is the problem.

There seem to be a fair number of people having this issue with the new Firestorm 64-bit release. This is a page of suggestions regarding this issue:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1931360/0xc00007b-error-fix.html

And the Toms hardware points too dll error just as Obviousalt pointed out.....which might be why firestorm wiki says INSTALL 32 bit and 64 bit dll. I aint no techy but........

latest 64 bit installed for me no probs

The download link takes you to the best page to download those dll`s (ie microsoft, not some spammy dl center) why do you thin FS linked it?  go there click "DOWNLOAD" and it takes you to the files.

Quotes Toms hardware

"Solution 7
re-install Microsoft Visual C++ from [x32 link] or [x64 link]"

FS wiki says both not "or"

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Alice, can you try this please and let us know if it works.

Drop a copy of msvcr100.dll into your Firestorm 64bit install folder.

You can grab the msvcr100.dll here:

Thanks!

Whirly, the latest word is that you need both "msvcr100.dll" and "msvcr80.dll" in the Firestorm directory - they're needed for SLPlugin.exe

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/i#browse/FIRE-13144

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.