Would there be a possibility to create a Wishlist feature in the marketplace?

Dumoktheartist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sometimes I will be "Window Shopping"and I will see something really cool but I dont have the lindens available, and by the time I finally get them, I will have forgotten what the name of the product was...or what store it's in...please and thank you for any response in advance.

6 answers to this question

I think Marketplace has (or had) some kind of 'Favourites' system, but honestly you can do this better yourself:-

When you find a product you want to buy, press Ctrl+D on your keyboard to add that current page to your Web Browser favourites. You can also create a folder for these favourites to go into so that you keep them separate from any other favourites you may have. On Windows and Linux (presumably Mac as well), these favourites are stored only on your user account.

You could also copy/paste the URLs to a Notecard in-world, or to a local word processing document (e.g. MS Word, notepad.exe, gedit).

• Like 2

FYI

Just so you know, most internet browsers have this neat feature where you can save the page you are looking at as an entry the Favorites Folder. - Better yet, you can also make a sub-folder under the Favorites Folder named "Totally Cute SL Outfits Wish List" - I have  :P

• Like 2

I keep a pad of sticky notes nxt to my computer. If I want to remember something important, I grab my trusty #2 pencil, scribble a note, an stick it to the wall next to me.  It works every time.  I never have to remember where I filed the information, and it will survive even the most catastrophic power failure or hard drive meltdown.

• Like 2

Another work-round, in addition to the other excellent ones suggested, is Evernote, which is free and enables you to save all manner of things, including webpages, to "notebooks" that are accessible from any machine you're working on that has internet access.

The marketplace used to have a wishlist, I'm sure, but now it seems to have gone, and I'd be really nervous about asking the MP team to implement any new features right now, since they seem to find keeping the existing ones running to be quite a challenge.

There IS a wish list feature, of sorts.

Below the buy and add to cart buttons, below the Store listing, below the Permissions information is a tiny star and some tiny text that says "Add to Favorites."  You can see your list of Favorites by going up to the top, and clicking My Marketplace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.